MT-G2 2X15270

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Hey guys Chris and I are thinking about making a mule that is about 2.8 inches long with
2-15270 IMR batteries driving an MT-G2 LED and an output of about 2,000 lumens, the diameter would be about 0.8 inch.
It will be a twisty, now the trick if we can find a board small enough to use that will handle the large LED.
Let me know if there would be any interest in this project.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Because the 4 die set in the 70 won't work very well in a mule, it is kinda like
the old P7 with it's 4 die set. The MT-G2 is much smoother, even if you were going to use an optic. Peak
still uses the P7 in some of their older units and beam shot isn't very pleasing, even with a diffuser.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
A small optic won't fit that large of an LED, the head would have to be way larger than we want. We want to keep the
head as it is about .8 of an inch and keep the overall length under 3 inches, no optic will fit that large of an LED
and even come close to that size, unless you have some answers. It would take about a 12-13 mm optic for our target size and
they are to small for that LED.

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! That's going to be one tiny little mule, with ~2000 Lumens! :)
Count me in, Bob!

write2dgray

Enlightened
What's the max. current the best 15270s support these days? Their capacity and max. discharge C rate has always been anemic.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Actually it's better than you think it's a little powerhouse for the size.

---------------------------- Continuous Discharge Amps -- Maximum Discharge Amps --- C Rating
Efest IMR10440 350Mah --------------- 1.4 AMP ---------------- 3.0 AMP -------------------- 8C
Efest IMR18350 800Mah --------------- 6.4 AMP ---------------- 8.0 AMP -------------------- 8C
Efest IMR14500 700Mah --------------- 5.6 AMP ---------------- 7.0 AMP -------------------- 8C
EH IMR15270 400Mah ----------------- 3.2 AMP ----------------- 4.0 AMP -------------------- 8C

So the 15270IMR has over twice the discharge rate of the 10440IMR, we use the 10440IMR in many of our torches and they work just fine.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Looks like we can't find a board small enough for the MT-G2, but we did find one that might work with the XHP-50
I don't know until we fire one up, I really didn't like the 4 die, but that might be the only choice. I hope we can keep
the size down it's going to need a larger heat sink also. Stay tuned this is a work in progress. We are opened to any ideas
that might be of benefit with this project. Will let you guys know of how the beamshot looks.
Thanks
Bob

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Working on a new driver should be ready in about 60 days.
Actually now we are working on the XHP70 as the LED. I'll let you know of anymore
updates.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited: