• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Info on U11?

Smjsychj

Newly Enlightened
Could you please post the detailed information on U11 here? Can oniy find partial on the official website. Thank you!

Manker

Newly Enlightened
hi smjsychj,

you can find many reviews on CPF or another forum, I think that will be helpful.

Smjsychj

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. For two cr123A batteries, what's the highest output lm? I can't seem to find this info anywhere. All the official tests are based on 18650.

hi smjsychj,

you can find many reviews on CPF or another forum, I think that will be helpful.

Comical

Newly Enlightened
Guess I'll post here,

The manual states U11 has working voltage range of 2.8-6.4v . . does this mean it has discharge protection built-in? Automatic cut-off at 2.8v like on zebralight?

Lexel

Enlightened
It depends working voltage is limited by the LED itself, while electronic side switch could still do parasitic drain and kill the battery over time if its left in the light after it got as far discharged as the forward voltage of the LED let it

Comical

Newly Enlightened
working voltage is limited by the LED itself

Yes, but we're not talking about the LED itself but the light/body it's planted at. For example, this particular light the upperlimit is digitally controlled. People have been suggesting this is because of the USB-charging function which is why rechargeable 16340/RCR123A are not allowed. This is also why I'm asking; I'm not worried about the parasitic drain but if the light has an automatic cut-off like the Zebralight, so you can use unprotected cells without blowing it up or if you need to feel uneasy after you see the low battery warning.