IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FENIX PRODUCTS

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FENIX PRODUCTS
(The message below is shared representing Fenixlight Limited, the manufacturer)

When purchasing Fenix products, it is important that customers are aware of the following:

• If there is a problem with the Fenix product when it arrives at a customer's address, the customer will have to send the light back to the Fenix seller in the seller's location (country). It's important to understand that if one purchases from a country other than your own.

• Warranty work for Fenix lights is based on the light's serial number. The serial number is traced to a particular country. So when warranty work is required, the light will have to go back to the country from which the light was purchased.

• Warranty policies are set by Fenix the manufacturer. However, individual Fenix dealers/sellers determine return/replacement policies. Know your seller's policies to avoid any surprises.

In summary, know your sellers, their country location, and their return/replacement policies.

We appreciate your support of Fenix products. We look forward to continuing to offer you the best lighting products on the market.

Fenixlight Limited
Shenzhen, China

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thanks for your kind comment. There are good sellers in the USA. The issue comes into play when we (Fenix Store) get limited parts to run our Fenix Warranty and Repair Center. Those parts are to support light serial numbers sold by USA dealers. (We are one of two USA Warranty Centers who support USA purchases.) So when a person buys from a dealer in another country, we can't warranty those lights. We wouldn't have enough parts to warranty the lights from USA dealers.

So customers need to understand FenixLighting Limited's policies so they don't get frustrated when we aren't able to take care of their lights. We hope this makes sense.

Then you always have those "surprise policies" when you purchase from some sellers. As with ALL purchases for ALL items, we need to know our sellers.

Glad to know this and another reason why I will only buy my Fenix products from Fenix-Store/Fenix Outfitters.

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your kind comment. There are good sellers in the USA. The issue comes in when we (Fenix Store) get limited parts to run our Fenix Warranty and Repair Center. Those parts are to support light serial numbers sold by USA dealers. (We are one of two USA Warranty Centers who support USA purchases.) So when a person buys from a dealer in another country, we can't warranty those lights. We wouldn't have parts to warranty the lights from USA dealers.

So customers need to understand FenixLighting Limited's policies so they don't get frustrated when we aren't able to take care of their lights. We hope this makes sense.

Then you always have those "surprise policies" when you purchase from some sellers. As with ALL purchases for ALL items, we need to know our sellers.
I understand, thanks!

ven

Flashaholic
Can I ask why it is not supported in your own country if purchased outside of it. If it is a genuine Fenix product, why does it require sending back to China rather than distributor in the customers country. I know your not the only manufacturer to make this choice, just interested (genuinely) why because after all, i have invested my money in one of your products. I had to send a nitecore product back to China a while back(real pita and lots of notes,pictures to prove etc), all worked out and took maybe 4 or 5 weeks so good in the end.............but i will not buy a NC product again.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
:popcorn:Well, looks like CPF sellers will need to include in their post the name and country location of the original seller plus their return/replacement policies.

bdogps

Enlightened
So the vendor that I bought my Fenix from refuses to help me or went out of business what then? If Fenix refuses to honour their warranty directly, that will be the last time I will purchase a Fenix.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Good question. Your Fenix warranty is not based on the seller. It is based on the serial number. There are 3 Fenix distributors in the USA. The 3 distributors are the channel which Fenix flashlights are imported into the USA. Two of the distributors sell to the USA Fenix dealers. All 3 Fenix distributors are Fenix Warranty and Repair Centers and are responsible for supporting all the lights are that imported through the USA import channel.

So even if your seller goes out of business, that doesn't affect your warranty. USA lights are imported through one of the 3 distributors. So if you call one of the 3 warranty centers and give them your serial, that serial number tells them which warranty centers you belong to. All Fenix dealers are supposed to know where their lights are serviced. For example, Fenix Store is a distributor. We have dealers all over the USA. Their Dealership Agreement they sign with us tells them that if a customer needs warranty work done, the dealer is to direct the customer to our warranty center.

If you purchase from someone and that seller doesn't know where the warranty center is, then you can just call us and we can direct you to the correct one based on the serial number. Now, that is the same case if you purchase a used light from someone. If the light is within the warranty period, the light is covered. The warranty covers the LIGHT, no matter who owns it at the time.

Does this make sense?

Now, the reason USA Warranty Centers have to support only the lights purchased through the USA import channel is because Fenix (manufacturer) allocates each warranty center parts to support the lights (serial numbers) which the distributor imported. If the USA warranty center repairs lights purchased from anywhere in the world, there won't be enough parts available in that center to support the lights each center is required to support within the USA.

What you need to fully understand is that all Fenix products are going to be covered under the warranty period. It is up to the customer to know and understand where his/her warranty center will be. If you purchase from a seller in China, your serial number points to a warranty center in China. If you purchase from a USA seller, your serial number points to one of the 3 warranty centers in the USA.

Let us know if you have other questions or need further clarification.

So the vendor that I bought my Fenix from refuses to help me or went out of business what then? If Fenix refuses to honour their warranty directly, that will be the last time I will purchase a Fenix.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
You would be very wise to ask that question. Otherwise, you may be surprised if you ever need warranty work done. We can't stress to our CPF readers enough that the Warranty Centers guard the parts we receive from Fenix because we want to support the lights which we are required to support. It would be great if we could get unlimited parts and could support anyone and everyone's lights. It just isn't that way. Some parts are limited so they have to be reserved for our serial numbers. When I say "our serial numbers," I mean those are the lights that Fenix Store sells and the lights that our many dealers sell. We have dealers on Amazon and throughout the USA. We support all those lights in our Warranty Center. Then there are two more Warranty Centers in the USA who are doing the same thing. If you call them, they will first ask for your serial number and that serial number tells them which of the 3 centers are to provide your work.

:popcorn:Well, looks like CPF sellers will need to include in their post the name and country location of the original seller plus their return/replacement policies.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Please read the two other posts posted on 9/16/16. I believe that will explain your question.

If boils down to the fact that Fenix (the manufacturer) gives each Warranty Center parts to support the serial numbers of the lights each distributor imports.

Here is a HYPOTHETICAL example:
We as a distributor imports 100 PD35s.
Fenix will allow a 10% repair rate.
Fenix ships us 10 parts to support the PD35s.

So do you see why we have to protect the parts we receive? We are responsible to support all 100 PD35 lights that we imported. If we took those 10 parts we got and fixed lights from other distributors or countries, we would not have parts to support our 100 PD35s.

Knowing that, every distributor in the world deals with the same situation. Fenix knows which serial numbers went to which distributor in the world. Everything is tracked. Fenix knows where every light they produce is to be serviced.

Make sense?

Can I ask why it is not supported in your own country if purchased outside of it. If it is a genuine Fenix product, why does it require sending back to China rather than distributor in the customers country. I know your not the only manufacturer to make this choice, just interested (genuinely) why because after all, i have invested my money in one of your products. I had to send a nitecore product back to China a while back(real pita and lots of notes,pictures to prove etc), all worked out and took maybe 4 or 5 weeks so good in the end.............but i will not buy a NC product again.

ven

Flashaholic
It does make sense with the spare warranty parts and thank you for your answer:thumbsup:

Esko

Enlightened
Your warranty policy can state what you want but it can't beat the local laws. I don't know the situation in US but EU regulations state that if there is a distributor/importer in your country, you can demand them to honor the warranty, even if you bought it elsewhere.

ven

Flashaholic
Your warranty policy can state what you want but it can't beat the local laws. I don't know the situation in US but EU regulations state that if there is a distributor/importer in your country, you can demand them to honor the warranty, even if you bought it elsewhere.

That is interesting! although it was not Fenix(had excellent customer service on the 2 occasions needed............been excellent ) it was nitecore, no help at all from the UK distributor last year! So it goes without saying , NC is in the past..............for ever! and Klarus whilst i am at it.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Have all of you gotten your questions/comments addressed? We want to make sure our explanation was clear.

bdogps

Enlightened
Hello Fenix,

I have a question. It has come my attention that certain manufacturers won't honour warranties if you don't purchase their products from authorised retailers. I have seen sites like GearBest, Banggood, eBay, and other online vendors that sell your products. If you purchase from these non authorised retailers, will Fenix honour the warranty?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We aren't aware of Fenix every designating sellers as "authorized." Fenix is aware that these sites are selling Fenix flashlights. Fenix is also aware they are selling them below the Fenix set price. Are you aware Fenix sets the price that all Fenix lights can be advertised at? That's why in the USA, reputable sellers have the same price as Fenix Store (or some have higher prices). Fenix allows a seller to sell above Fenix's set price but not below.

So, with that known, if you see someone selling below Fenix's set price, they are violating their dealership agreement. That should tell you something about the company/seller. Fenix is working with most of those violators now. Another consideration is to question what you are getting from those sellers. New lights? Authentic? Refurbished? Just be careful.

Back to the warranty question. AUTHENTIC Fenix flashlights are warrantied based on the serial number, not the seller. So when you need warranty work, we check the serial number. Then read above. That serial number tells you and us where your warranty center is. If you order from those sellers you listed, you may want to know where the light is shipping from. Many are from China. If so, that's where your warranty center is.

Make sense?

Hello Fenix,

I have a question. It has come my attention that certain manufacturers won't honour warranties if you don't purchase their products from authorised retailers. I have seen sites like GearBest, Banggood, eBay, and other online vendors that sell your products. If you purchase from these non authorised retailers, will Fenix honour the warranty?

bdogps

Enlightened
We aren't aware of Fenix every designating sellers as "authorized." Fenix is aware that these sites are selling Fenix flashlights. Fenix is also aware they are selling them below the Fenix set price. Are you aware Fenix sets the price that all Fenix lights can be advertised at? That's why in the USA, reputable sellers have the same price as Fenix Store (or some have higher prices). Fenix allows a seller to sell above Fenix's set price but not below.

So, with that known, if you see someone selling below Fenix's set price, they are violating their dealership agreement. That should tell you something about the company/seller. Fenix is working with most of those violators now. Another consideration is to question what you are getting from those sellers. New lights? Authentic? Refurbished? Just be careful.

Back to the warranty question. AUTHENTIC Fenix flashlights are warrantied based on the serial number, not the seller. So when you need warranty work, we check the serial number. Then read above. That serial number tells you and us where your warranty center is. If you order from those sellers you listed, you may want to know where the light is shipping from. Many are from China. If so, that's where your warranty center is.

Make sense?

Hello Fenix,

Thank you for your response. Your response has raised another concern for me. How do vendors get a hold of damaged Fenix and then fix them?

Also, what if you buy a Fenix light that was sold at Fenix recommended price, but turns out it was a refurbished?

I get the gist of the warranty. Serial number will dictate where the light needing service will be shipped too.

Thank you

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Please note that MOST sellers are honest in representing the products they are selling. It still gets back to knowing your seller.

All dealers who sell products will have items returned to them for various reasons. The dealer can have the return (if defective) repaired by the appropriate warranty center which serves the dealer. Then the dealer can resale the product. We do that for lights returned to us. We sell them on our sister site, Fenix Outfitters, in a section called "Sale Items." We note the exact reason the item is reduced. So that's how a vendor could have refurbished items.

If you purchased a light that turns out to be refurbished, you can discuss that with your seller. If it was refurbished, it SHOULD be good as new. All of that should be disclosed for ethical reasons. Let's go back to the warranty. The light will still carry the warranty as outlined on our website, even if refurbished. You will note on our Sale Items page, we disclose the reason it is on sale PLUS point out the light is still covered by the full Fenix warranty period.

Anymore questions? Is this clear?

Hello Fenix,

Thank you for your response. Your response has raised another concern for me. How do vendors get a hold of damaged Fenix and then fix them?

Also, what if you buy a Fenix light that was sold at Fenix recommended price, but turns out it was a refurbished?

I get the gist of the warranty. Serial number will dictate where the light needing service will be shipped too.

Thank you

bdogps

Enlightened
Please note that MOST sellers are honest in representing the products they are selling. It still gets back to knowing your seller.

All dealers who sell products will have items returned to them for various reasons. The dealer can have the return (if defective) repaired by the appropriate warranty center which serves the dealer. Then the dealer can resale the product. We do that for lights returned to us. We sell them on our sister site, Fenix Outfitters, in a section called "Sale Items." We note the exact reason the item is reduced. So that's how a vendor could have refurbished items.

If you purchased a light that turns out to be refurbished, you can discuss that with your seller. If it was refurbished, it SHOULD be good as new. All of that should be disclosed for ethical reasons. Let's go back to the warranty. The light will still carry the warranty as outlined on our website, even if refurbished. You will note on our Sale Items page, we disclose the reason it is on sale PLUS point out the light is still covered by the full Fenix warranty period.

Anymore questions? Is this clear?

Well thanks for that Fenix. I can safely purchase your products knowing you will honor the warranty regardless where I buy it, as long it's being sold a Fenix set price.

One last question and that's it for me. How does Fenix establish the date when the warranty starts ? Let say that I bought a brand new Fenix light that is three years old from it was first produced. Will the warranty apply from the date of purchase or when it was manufactured? Also, does the warranty date start from when you received it on the mail or when it was shipped?

Thank you