• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GearBest customer service (Can't track my order)

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
This is my first time purchasing stuff from gearbest, and I have something to say.

1. I can not find a customer service phone number to call.
2. The email sent from Gearbest is marked "no-reply" and is not monitored if you reply.
3. The "live chat" is only for pre-sale. After sale problem? Submit a ticket and wait.
4. The tracking number they gave me is on "US Express", and it simply does not work at all. Yes I waited a few days.
5. The "live chat" has a que of >70, and a three-hour waiting time.
6. They gave me another tracking through "Yun track". Funny thing is, at the time they showed me the tracking, it says my flashlight arrived in US. Two days later when I check the link again, it says "left ShenZhen", and the arrived in the US info is gone.
7. Now 19 days after my purchase, I haven't received my flashlight, I can't track it. I can't talk to anyone. The supposed shipping time is 7-15 days (I purchased the sort-of expedited shipping.)

Anyone would call this a great service?

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my first time purchasing stuff from gearbest, and I have something to say.

2. The email sent from Gearbest is marked "no-reply" and is not monitored if you reply.
3. The "live chat" is only for pre-sale. After sale problem? Submit a ticket and wait.
4. The tracking number they gave me is on "US Express", and it simply does not work at all. Yes I waited a few days.
6. They gave me another tracking through "Yun track". Funny thing is, at the time they showed me the tracking, it says my flashlight arrived in US. Two days later when I check the link again, it says "left ShenZhen", and the arrived in the US info is gone.
7. Now 19 days after my purchase, I haven't received my flashlight, I can't track it. I can't talk to anyone. The supposed shipping time is 7-11 days (I purchased the sort-of expedited shipping.)

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/30597

Ladd

Enlightened
Cut and paste your tracking number into USPS tracking site, for starters. Tracking numbers from GB and other overseas vendors are sometimes non-op. Often the items just show up without the number ever working. 19 days is a long time all right, but is well within my experience with shipments from Asia.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tracking across borders is pretty difficult. I have mixed results with US and China, but the gear still arrives.

You need to open a ticket ( it's in orders and you can find it by following the link ) but I would wait as it is probably still within the normal time frame. Gear best have really improved their service in the last few months and been much better to deal with than the other options from China when there is a problem. Sit tight! :)

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
I have had no problems tracking my GearBest orders. On average it takes about 12 days from the date I place my order until it shows up on my doorstep.

This is what I use:
Initially I use Post Tracking. Just be aware that it is common for it to take 4-5 days or so to show up.

http://post-tracking.com/

Once it is in the US I just use the USPS site:

https://www.usps.com/

Bob

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear ktsl,

Thank you for your message! You can PM me your order number, i will help to check and reply you then. Thank you!

canonite

Newly Enlightened
My 3 orders from GB arrived in South East Asia and my house within 7-10 days, except for the one Li-ion cell which has to take a long way. (13 days so far from order)

that being said, if the order exceeds a certain amount, and you get a tracking number, take note that the tracking website may not necessarily be the one they advised you.

Australia Line Registered - Dpex China (not Dpex global)
Kerry Express - TGexpress HK (not the Thai Kerry Express website that they linked)

I am not sure about those items from EU,RU or US warehouse, but anything from the CN warehouse will probably be routed from SZX, trucked to HKG before being dispatched

Last edited:

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi canonite,

Thank you very much for your experience sharing!!!
For the batteries, now only Post Service is available for it, it will take more days on the road. Hope you kind understand. If you are worried about it, you can PM me your order number, i will check the situation and reply you then :)

If you order items from EU,RU or US warehouse, goods will be shipped out from these warehouses directly. We also have CN and HK warehouse, all items are mostly dispatched from the warehouse you ordered. If shipped out in another warehouse, that's mostly because that warehouse you ordered have no stock and we arrange dispatching in other warehouse specially. Hope it's clear to you :)

Thanks again for your message and support to us!!!

canonite

Newly Enlightened
Hi gearbest,

So far the sky56 tracking (PostNL shipment) shows my order has reached Singapore 4 days ago, and is clearing customs..

Will wait a few more days ...

working in forwarding/logistics/courier company for 14 years.. so I have some idea of the flow and issues...

Was pretty happy when an order placed on 13 June was in SG for delivery on 17 Jun.. Didn't get it on 17 due to rain.. But at least it was fast enough

Last edited:

canonite

Newly Enlightened
The single cell has reached my mailbox .. Slightly under 3 weeks for the cell (counted wrongly yesterday)... 4th order shipped today, and again via Dpex, so I think it will be in next week ..

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi canonite, great to know you receive it. Hope you like the items. Thank you for your support to us!!! :)

coolcat2005dj

Newly Enlightened
Try www.track-trace.com
I agree with you GearBest has some cheap products compared to other online sites. But customer service is almost zero. Don't worry if you have paid with PayPal. You have protection.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went with US Express tracking, but it did not help as it got stuck in Cincinnati for the last 15 days.

2016-06-26 19:23:00Arrived at Cincinnati airport----Cincinnati
2016-06-26 19:23:00arrived at destination and the consignee or agent has been informed----Cincinnati
2016-06-24 04:28:00Arrived at Cincinnati airport----Cincinnati
2016-06-24 04:28:00arrived at destination and the consignee or agent has been informed----Cincinnati
2016-06-23 23:39:00Departed from Hongkong airport----Hongkong
2016-06-23 20:37:00Arrived at Hongkong airport----Hongkong
2016-06-22 15:00:03Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT----HONGKONG - HONG KONG
2016-06-22 03:38:27Departed Facility in SHENZHEN----SHENZHEN - CHINA
2016-06-21 22:48:20Arrived at Sort Facility in SHENZHEN----SHENZHEN - CHINA
2016-06-21 22:48:20Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN
2016-06-20 23:55:03Shipment information received
2016-06-20 22:10:33Shipping information received----SHENZHEN - CHINA
2016-06-20 12:01:28Shipment information sent to FedEx

7. Now 19 days after my purchase, I haven't received my flashlight, I can't track it. I can't talk to anyone. The supposed shipping time is 7-15 days (I purchased the sort-of expedited shipping.)

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi FlashKat,

Thank you for your message! It possibly have some delay about the shipping update at yuntrack site. You can try to track your parcel here http://www.fedex.com/us/

If no message update here either. Please PM me your order number, we will check and reply you then :)

Have a nice weekend!

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order number sent by PM. Thanks!!!!
Update: My package is scheduled to be delivered on 7-12-16.
Gearbest did a good job of sending my package!!!! I have had issues with the carriers in the U.S.A. not being able to do their job correctly.
Hi FlashKat,

Thank you for your message! It possibly have some delay about the shipping update at yuntrack site. You can try to track your parcel here http://www.fedex.com/us/

If no message update here either. Please PM me your order number, we will check and reply you then :)

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Well, I have some experience with gearbest, let me share it.

You can ask after sales questions in online chat without any problems, and they will get answered, until you want to return item due to damage/etc.

As already told, "US Express" is delivered to U.S. Via Yun Express, delivered between cities by FedEx, and delivered to your door by USPS. There is absolutely no reason to use "US Express" shipping, because it is damn slow. Instead, I'm using gearbest's free shipping, even without tracking number (In this case, gearbest sends with SGLBZxxxxxxx number), and it arrives to NJ in just 8-10 days. For reference, "US Express" delivery never was faster than 15 days, and often it takes 25-30 days to deliver. For example, I've ordered a flashlight on Jun 7, and it had not been delivered yet, because I've choosen "US Express" shipping.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear FlashKat and CuriousOne, thanks a lot for your sharing!!!

To CPF members, if you have any problem of your order or there is any thing i can help, just PM me freely :)