MIL/LEO Light!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello , has any MIL/LEO personnel managed to catch Jason's new MIL/LEO light?.
has a batch already been available to buy yet?.
any pictures?.

any feedback ?.

thanks.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is restricted to law enforcement and military because... it is black and more shock resistant and Jason (darksucks) makes less profit on each unit?

The website indicates one needs to click on the image of the exclusive driver to learn how you can program it however you want but I get nothing when I click. I'm not even sure what battery the 'Alpha' takes.

Clearly many of us are not couture, not even ready-to-wear.

The Alpha takes 18650 battery...click on the Icarus Banner and it will take you there...you need to sign up for the MIL/LEO light.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
...click on the Icarus Banner and it will take you there...you need to sign up for the MIL/LEO light.

Thank You very much. I had clicked on the Icarus picture, not the banner. Sounds interesting.

When you say sign up? What I read was that you had to be MIL/LEO. Not sure what is required: your word? department letterhead?

To some, excluding others from being able to purchase a flashlight that is really not a threat to national security, seems out-of-kilter. Why not just charge more to civilians?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
True.
im willing to pay some more

Thank You very much. I had clicked on the Icarus picture, not the banner. Sounds interesting.

When you say sign up? What I read was that you had to be MIL/LEO. Not sure what is required: your word? department letterhead?

To some, excluding others from being able to purchase a flashlight that is really not a threat to national security, seems out-of-kilter. Why not just charge more to civilians?

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights are for Mil/Leo as stated and from what I can tell Jason likes to verify this. He seems to take a hit on some of the production costs to keep them from being a crazy price which I guess is a nice gesture for service men/women.
The light is basically a RM Custom with a bit of extra machining and coating, maybe a ground wire too.
Mine is being built as we speak but I'm not expecting it for a few weeks. I'll post my impressions when I can once it's in my hands.
I wouldn't expect that he'll sell a ton of these, I don't know anyone else that I work with who would even consider buying such a light, but I hope he does well. As far as a civilian release I could only guess but I'd say they'd be close to titanium money and either way I'm guessing he won't?

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks , what options did you go for ?.
Could you send some feedback once it's in your hands.
Is it a big wait list like the normal RM customs and so?.

this is an interesting different light.
best wishes and be safe to all of those in LEO & MIL!.

These lights are for Mil/Leo as stated and from what I can tell Jason likes to verify this. He seems to take a hit on some of the production costs to keep them from being a crazy price which I guess is a nice gesture for service men/women.
The light is basically a RM Custom with a bit of extra machining and coating, maybe a ground wire too.
Mine is being built as we speak but I'm not expecting it for a few weeks. I'll post my impressions when I can once it's in my hands.
I wouldn't expect that he'll sell a ton of these, I don't know anyone else that I work with who would even consider buying such a light, but I hope he does well. As far as a civilian release I could only guess but I'd say they'd be close to titanium money and either way I'm guessing he won't?

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fellow Prometheans,

Kudos for Jason to offer the MIL/LEO light to those who put their lives on the line daily. :thumbsup:

As mentioned, akin to a Ready-Made and Custom Alpha with digital drop customization on Icarus, the fluting & crenellation machining and PVD coating - all additions offered at cost... It is an awesome gesture. Personally, I feel these are on the level of Bespoke Alphas when you consider the amount of added work that goes into each. Yet, the additions all serve a function in the role of a duty/service light. Nothing superfluous.

For the rest of us civilians and non-LEO, there are still Alpha ICE Titaniums, Alpha Carbons, Alpha Customs and Alpha Ready Mades. Jason is still one man with a ton of projects on his hands. Remember why the Blue Labels were suspended and the Bespokes are truly bespoke. Honor the time and effort Jason is putting in for the MIL/LEO community. I have no doubt some of these will make it to the secondary market, but this is my opinion... If the light is not intended for you, do not deprive the deserving and do not belittle Jason's gesture. :tsk:

A big salute to the MIL/LEO community around the world and congratulations to F89!

No, I believe Jason would sooner re-open Bespoke commissions than offer a civilian release for the MIL/LEO lights. :)
Not MIL/LEO? Want a black Alpha? Get a Ready-Made and have it Cerakoted Graphite Black (H-146Q) or get it black nickel plated.

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks , what options did you go for ?.
Could you send some feedback once it's in your hands.
Is it a big wait list like the normal RM customs and so?.

this is an interesting different light.
best wishes and be safe to all of those in LEO & MIL!.

I got the standard MCE neutral but went for the coated pocket clip so it will be entirely black.
It was a small run with roughly as many people interested as lights made from what I can tell.
Thank you neutralwhite and jonwkng.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!,
you think that's the end of the run?.
Someone I know LEO is interested!.
Thanks.

I got the standard MCE neutral but went for the coated pocket clip so it will be entirely black.
It was a small run with roughly as many people interested as lights made from what I can tell.
Thank you.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!,
you think that's the end of the run?.
Someone I know LEO is interested!.
Thanks.

I'm not sure? I got in on the email chain early and luckily had free time when they went on sale. Had a little trouble with the buy link but Jason was quick with emails.
Your friend could try emailing dark sucks and verify their eligibility, might be one left? Could at least sign up for future runs?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!.
As well as the black clip, what tail button did you go for ?.

I'm not sure? I got in on the email chain early and luckily had free time when they went on sale. Had a little trouble with the buy link but Jason was quick with emails.
Your friend could try emailing dark sucks and verify their eligibility, might be one left? Could at least sign up for future runs?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
As this is written, there are 7 times as many guests viewing CPF as the less than 100 members viewing. Seems like it would be appropriate to help the guests to get an understanding of this wonderful time for flashlight enthusiasts. And in this vein, I try to remember to write in a way that does not come off as too 'clubby'.

Perhaps one point jonwkng is making is that Prometheus (darksucks.com) Jason is an artist of light with no interest in ramping up production per se, and he wanted to recognize and make a gesture to the defenders on the frontline. And that the inimical sounding response I wrote is not deserving of him. Point taken.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Respect to the users of the Alpha Custom MIL/LEO Light.

Extended Thanks go out to the Law Enforcement Women and Men for their service. :bow:

Thx. NW, KITROBASKIN, egginator1, and jonwkng for comments supporting the Custom Alpha MIL/LEO release. Respect goes out to F89's for sharing build specs with us.
For the imformation/specs page in the Dark Sucks Store click here.
GL

These Alpha Custom lights are restricted for sale to active MIL/LEO Only.
In the sake of user safety and confidentiality, I am closing this thread.
Pictures and additional comments by posters above can be made by editing their original posts.
Moderated replies to this thread will be considered by PM'ing myself or another moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.