Favourliglht Natural/Cool/Warm Lantern PLA0M6B002

TronPlayer

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tested this lantern? It is exactly what I'm looking for but I can't find it. I've sent an email to Favourliglht on purchasing info and received no reply.
http://www.favourlight.com/products/lantern/details/pla0m6b002
croppedImg_500890035.jpeg

• Nichia Cool White LEDs & Warm White LEDs - Up to 380 Lumens
  • Colour Changing Outputs - Cool White, Natural White & Warm White
  • Smooth Dimming Control [HIGH - LOW Brightness] at Each Colour Output
  • Imitating Candle Light Flickering Mode
  • Battery Capacity Indication
  • Switch Protection - Long Press to Turn On
  • Gradual On/Off - Turns On/Off Gradually
  • Removable Cap allows Direct Illumination
  • Rubberized Handle secures Hold with Wet or Gloved Hand
  • Rubberized Housing enhances Impact Resistances
  • Built-in Recessed Hook at Lantern Base for Hanging as Downlight
  • Water Resistant

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool niche product for the tint snob, definitely looks like a UST lantern copy or relative.

wow...next to the natural and warm...the cool is grossly artificial looking.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favourlight actually manufactures lights for other companies, including UST, and are rebranded. I had some luck on ebay and Amazon finding some of these rebranded Favourlight lanterns. There are several dealers that sell the Favourlight lanterns, but they aren't as easy to find because of the rebranding. If I have a chance I will try to find some and post the links. I emailed Favourlight about purchasing their lanterns and you can order directly from them if you are going to have a minimum order of 1000 pcs. and a minimum purchase of $10000.

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
I'm becoming enamored with this Nichia LED set and I hope to pick up a lantern which uses it soon. I like being able to select up to 1,000 lumens if you really need to light up a large campsite (and in group camps I do), but also have the option for a more subdued, warm light. I guess they haven't really caught on much yet, because there aren't a lot of options at the moment. I'm sure the price may have something to do with that.

Gentos and LiteXpress have been mentioned already and I haven't been able to find any other brands using these lamps. There's the UST-esque looking model from Gentos which Mr. Tone posted and there's also another Gentos lantern which uses the same vintage looking body as the LiteXpress model. The Gentos one is black and gray I think, but the LiteXpress version is white and kind of seafoam green, which I think gives it and even more vintage look. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XYBO2YM/?tag=cpf0b6-20

:stupid: Previously I linked to this thread in Mr. Tone's other post not realizing he was already participating here. Apologies to you sir and our esteemed moderators.

I see they also make a version with a replaceable Lipo pack I wouldn't mind having, but I suppose I can live with Nimh cells for now....

sale

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I've got one already some 1,5 years. I asked (e-mail) Favourlight a place where to order it - and believe or not - I got message they'll send it to me. I think this was once in a lifetime occasion! Thanks again Favourlight!

It is my first so I can't compare it to another lanterns. Beam color is very pleasant (you know Nichia), I always use "natural light" -mode. One button UI is not very easy, but not difficult after all. I soon found this kind of lanterns (360 degree lightning) are not not for my needs mainly in searching of storaged items in basement. First I tried to reduce lightning angle placing a small piece of emergency blanket inside the cone and it helped a little bit.

I moved to rechargeable LED tube (in ebay: 4.5W Rechargeable LED Lantern 450LM). Beam color is butt ugly, but more light, no dazzle, no worry about dropping.