Looking for LED headlight drivers

AZReptile1

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually trying to build a better shrimping light and thought the newer 4 sided LED automotive headlight bulbs might make a small ultra-bright light. I'd enclose them in a clear PVC as shrimping lights are made to be submerged (10-20 feet) in order to silhouette the shrimp as they swim over the light. Then you scoop them up with a net. The lights are powered by a deep cycle 12VDC marine battery so auto headlights make perfect sense.
The problem is the driver/ballast on most of the headlight replacements I've seen are fairly large (and of course not water proof), making it difficult to stuff them into a waterproof cylinder and still get thermal cooling through a heatsink in contact with the water.
Any suggestions as to manufactures of just the drivers so that I might encase them in a custom enclosure that is smaller than what people put in their cars?
Thanks,

Bill

nbp

Flashaholic
Would you like me to move this to the Autos subforum so the Auto lighting guys might see it?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
what you're looking for, will vary depending on the LED the individual light uses, it's not really a "standard" so to speak. you'll need to know the needs of the LED(s) involved and then acquire a driver for said arrangement. Might be better off building a light to your specs from scratch.