• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PDS-HA-Nat : Contact Point.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

It has been 9 years since I received this light and recently are having some contact problems. I have issues getting proper contact with certain batteries and after careful investigation found that the +ve contact on the board have worn out and is now lower than the original due to wear from rubbing.

What would be the best way to rectify this issue? I am assuming that a new blob of solder is needed. What would be the best way to do it?
As I am based in Malaysia, sending it over to Hawaii is a concern for me, so would like to do it myself. Do i need to remove the board or just leave it in the head for the soldering works? Or sending it back to McGizmo would be the sensible option?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_7239_zpsveyxk3ft.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the answer depends on your skill level. For some it is a simple repair. But if you don't have the skills & proper tools, it can turn out not so good. If you are questioning it, I think the proper thing to do is send it to Don. Or maybe look around to see if there is a modder member here who will upgrade it?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the answer depends on your skill level. For some it is a simple repair. But if you don't have the skills & proper tools, it can turn out not so good. If you are questioning it, I think the proper thing to do is send it to Don. Or maybe look around to see if there is a modder member here who will upgrade it?

I have handled the soldering iron during my RC days (donkeys years ago), I might just reconsder and send it in to don, and probably do an upgrade. I am sure there are modders around my area, hopefully 1 or 2 crop up here. Its just a very nice light, just don't want it to collect dust in my drawer.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I used a sterling silver bead that is hollow for the anode contact and they do collapse over time as well as wear. If you have a good soldering iron and some solder. I think you can fix this yourself or anyone local with any soldering skills could as well. You are always welcome to send it back to me but the postage to and from would be a bit painful.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a sterling silver bead that is hollow for the anode contact and they do collapse over time as well as wear. If you have a good soldering iron and some solder. I think you can fix this yourself or anyone local with any soldering skills could as well. You are always welcome to send it back to me but the postage to and from would be a bit painful.
Its a silver bead that was used. Ahh at least I know what I should be looking for. Indeed, the postage to and fro would cost me a bomb. Would rather use that to fund for a new light. Thanks Don.