CO2 Laser Control System Help

Unconventionel

Newly Enlightened
If anybody can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated (I know that this may not be the best forum for this but it's worth a try).Recently I got a 30w Co2 Laser off eBay and am unsure of how to set it up. Its a RF excited tube made by Directed Energy Inc. (which is no longer around). The power supply has a db9 connector that I assume is for the control system. From what I gather, the Power supply would probably connect to a special control module which may or may not connect to a computer. When I was researching the subject, I found a 48 series Synrad laser that would seem to use a setup similar to what this laser would require. If anybody knows anything about how these systems work I would appreciate any info on how to set one up (both in terms of hardware and software). If possible I would like to be able to run it without use of a computer or expensive equipment.

The power supply's model# is p400-am and the tube's model# is L25T-PI
Here's it on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z128943-Directed-Energy-Inc-P400-AM-power-Supply-w-L25T-AI-30W-CO2-Laser-Head-/272293649046?hash=item3f65f75a96:g:SYsAAOSwnNBXbbkn