• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired World Smallest Titanium Light using a High Power Nichia 219B (Updated run-tim...

The Exotic Edition is completed, announced, and will be up for sale on 12/15/16. You can read more details and see pictures of them HERE
Brass and Special Edition Nucleus sales thread
HERE
Special Edition sales thread HERE
Nucleus XTD Prototype Extended Version HERE
Nucleus Exotic Versions & Copper(Beryllium Copper, Damascus, Mokume Gane, Mokuti)

If you're not familiar with this light, you can find more info HERE about this project. You can read about the design the build, the challenges. If you wanted to add your name on the list, please reply to this post and specify the finish you prefer, and the options, which you'll be able to read about in the pricing section. After adding your name, I recommend, reading this post in full, before making a payment. This will ensure, that your aware exactly what you're buying.
As I've promised, this lights are now up for sale. There are 90 pieces will be available for sale at this time. If there is a high demand, I will consider making an other batch of 100 Titanium and 100 Brass. That will be the maximum number of lights, that I will make of this design.
At this time, there will be two finishes available, the Brushed Titanium, which will be the standard hand finish included in the sale price, and the Polished Titanium, which will be a hand polished finished, done by me. This option will be slightly more expensive.
Although you see a Polished Brass version on the photos, this finish will not be available at this time, most likely I will make a batch of 100, and it will be up for sale in about 2 months.The Brass version will be less expensive for new buyers, and even less for anyone owning the Titanium version. As far as the Mokume Gane version,(2 pieces made in total),once all three batches are sold, 1 of them will be awarded to the winner of a photo contest, that I will specify later in this post I will keep the other one. There is a slight chance, that I will offer this finish in the future, but it's based on the assumption, that I will find available stock of this material.
This 90 piece will sell exclusively here on Candlepower forums in the first 30 days. This is my tribute to the site, for all the useful information I've found here in the past. If I still have any more pieces after 30 days, I will sell them in other places as well.
Please check out all the specs, and shipping schedule, to ensure, that you know exactly what you're buying. Thank You for buying this unique light, that I've put countless hours to design and make!

So here are the specs and pricing:

- Size: 1.04" x 3/8" (0.37")
or 26.4mm x 9.44mm
(if you are on the metric system) With the split ring holder accessory 1.15" (29.4mm)

- Weight: 0.17 oz or
5 Grams

- LED: Nichia NVSL219BT-V1 4000K, 93 CRI, D200 Bin

LED Features
  • Thermal resistance: 6C/W
  • Max Forward Current: 1.5A
  • Max Junction Temperature: 150C
  • Color Rendering: Ra 92
  • Electrically neutral thermal path
  • SW40 Tint
  • D200 Flux Bin(200-220lm@700mA)
  • L2 Voltage Bin (2.9-3.1V@700mA)

-
Light Engine: Brass Pill with 8mm MCPCB

- Optics: 7.5mm Sapphire glass window, with AR coating on both sides, specifically tuned to the wavelenght of this LED

- Brightness in Lumens: ~ 20-25 (This is an estimate based on the current to LED, which is approximately 72mA max. on fresh batteries.)

-
Battery Type: (Not Included) 3 x Maxell SR41W (High Drain) Please be advised, that I can only warranty proper fit and run-time, using this specific battery. It was designed around this specific battery, and even though other manufacturers describe sizing to be the same as this one, there are differences. Since this light was built to very tight specifications (only 0.006 gap when the cap is fully turned on), it is unlikely, but possible that other type of batteries will either not reach the batteries, or stick out to far, and waterproofing will not be ensured.
- Runtime: (Please make sure, to read this and to be ok with the intended purpose of this light): Full runtime is over 2 hours (please read the breakdown on how it will drop in brightness during that 2 hours) It was designed to be used for short intervals of 10-20 secs. it will have enough juice for about 100-150 of this 10-15 sec. burst. If it is operated continuously, it will go on 20-25 lumens for about 2 minutes, then gradually drops to about 10 lumens by the 5 minute mark, then it will drop to about 2 lumens by the 10 minute mark. It will continue to run at 2 lumens for about 2 hours.
(If you're getting this light, to look for lost treasures in the sand, it is Not the right light for you. On the other hand, if you're an enthusiast wanting to own a really cool piece that might not be replicated and you're ok, for using it for short intervals, or emergencys, you'll love this light. I have designed other hosts for this that is using 5A rechargeable cylindrical batteries, capable of providing about 800-900 mA current to the LED. They might be available in the future, as an add-on, if I can work out all the issues)

Country of design and manufacture: If you're feeling patriotic, you'll love to hear, that it was all designed and made here in San Diego, California.
Manufacturing: With the exception of writing the CNC programs, I designed, assembled and even operated some of the CNC lathes and mills. (Haas SL-10 lathe and Haas VF-3SS mill)

(Machining on these pieces are to very tight tolerances, and are high quality, with smooth threads. This light is a mechanical gem! The light can be fully disassembled with the exception of the brass pill.
Water Resistance:.10ft./3meters (I will take this down up to 100' in the next few weeks and update the exact limitations. Waterproofing will work, as long as you don't back out the rear cap more, than you need, to turn off the light.)

Warranty: 1 Year warranty on any manufacturer defect. I personally assemble and solder all lights, and I have very high standards when building anything. I check and re-check all components numerous times, during assembly, but that doesn't mean, that I can't make any mistake.
Although the light can be fully disassembled, if you do it, I encourage you, to do it with great care. The threads are very fine 40 TPI threads, and I can't warranty any defect coming from cross threading the parts, that normally don't need to be disassembled. As far as the rear cap,
just use caution, like with any other fine threads, turning the cap counter clockwise before starting to turn clockwise. If you feel any resistance, it means, that either you have debris on the thread, or you're not assembling the threads properly. I can't honor warranty claims,
due to user error of cross-threading the components.

Schedule of shipping and releasing 3x30 piece batches:

- First batch of 30 pieces will ship out this upcoming Friday (8/12/16) this slight delay is, due to the fact, that both finishes are hand finish, and I will have to do it based on your preference, and package the lights. (Also trying to ship them in bulk, as trying to go to the post office twice a day is not very economical for me)
(With the priority mail shipping, you should have your light by Monday or Tuesday (8/15-8/16)
- Second batch of 30 will ship out on 8/19/16
- Third batch of 30 will ship out on 8/26/16

Pricing & Options:

- Nucleus Brushed Titanium finish (no tritium vials included.) $135 + $15 shipping to Conus (Shipped by USPS Priority Mail, please add $5 for Alaska and Hawaii)
- Nucleus Titanium Hand polished to mirror finish. (no tritium vials included) $150 + $15 shipping to Conus (Shipped by USPS Priority Mail, please add $5 for Alaska and Hawaii)

Add on's:

- Titanium rear piece for holding split ring & 5mm SS split ring $0 (Included in purchase, it will be pre-installed with thread-lock, unless you prefer receiving
separately. If not installed 2-56 SS grub screw will be installed in rear threaded hole.
- Tritium vials (they are only exist in green color in this size) 5x 0.95mm x 3mm (installed) $45 (This option is based on availability, as I don't stock these vials. If you prefer me to install this, there will be a 10 day delay, before your light is shipped out, as it will take me time, to receive the order.
if these tritium vials are not available at the time, I will send you a message to let you know. At that time, I can ship your light out, and you can ship it back to me, when this vials are available. If you prefer
to install these yourself, Daniel at Mixglow should have about 150 pcs. in stock. If he doesn't you might have to wait, until he gets his next batch.

International buyers:

I'm happy to ship this light internationally, but reserve the right to refuse sale, if destination country had previous issues with lost packages. I will ship your package with Global Priority Mail at the exact shipping cost of what I'm paying + $5 for packaging.
I will provide a tracking number with this option, but I won't be responsible for lost packaging or packages being delivered to the wrong address. I will buy insurance, and there will be a signature required. If the package is lost, I will give you a refund, once I receive
the insurance claim. Please keep this in mind, when making a purchase.)
Please feel free, to add your name on the list, and state your location before making a payment. I will look up shipping cost and let you know your total so you can make a Paypal payment.

Payment:

I prefer PayPal to my email address: [email protected] (Paypal fees are included in the purchase price)

- To ensure your place on the list, please make a timely payment. Once I've received payment, and your preference about options, I will add your name on the list.
- Please include your Candlepowerforum screen name in the notes, when making a paypal payment, so I can give you tracking info, once the items are shipped.

Keep your eyes out for the photo contest, the exact qualification will be announced in the next few days. The winner will receive one of the two Mokume Gane light fully loaded with trits free of charge!

Photo Contest for Mokume Gane Nucleus or Special Edition Nucleus

The winner of this contest will be receiving a Mokume Gane Nucleus (for this version to be in the contest, I will have to sell most of the current stock, which is 60 pieces. Once this criteria is satisfied, one lucky winner will receive 1 Mokume Gane fully loaded with tritium vials, shipped)
In case the sales are going slow, you will be able to win a Special edition of this light, regardless of the number of sales. The deadline to win this version will be 9/12/16 which is the planned date for releasing the Brass and the Special edition version.

Contest Description:

This contest has to do with my other hobby, photography. You will have to submit the "coolest" photo with this light in it. By "coolest" I mean by having this light in an interesting place, surroundings or situation. There is not many rules about this part, you don't have to use professional grade cameras, you can shoot with phones or even with film cameras. Feel free to be creative.

Rules of the photos you submit:

- The photograph you are using, has to be taken by YOU in whole. You are permitted to use Photoshop, as long as using your own photo.
- Photo needs to be in focus (no blurry shots please!)
- It needs to be at least 1920x1080 or 2 MegaPixel
- One photo per light you've purchased.
(Posting a photo at the time of receiving your light will not count as your submission, but if that's what you'd like to use for the contest, you can.)
- All submission has to be done by 9/12/2016 (Winner will be announced on 9/15/16 getting his light shipped the next day)
(Once we reach the required number of sale for the Mokume Gane version, you'll be able to submit one more picture to win that one.)
-
Post your photo in the sales thread with the description "Photo contest"

(With any questions about the contest, please pm or email me at [email protected])

New 2nd Photo Contest for a fully loaded (Tritium) Nucleus of your choice !!

The winner of this contest will be receiving one Nucleus of their choice. The deadline for submitting your photo will be 11/06/16.

In order to qualify for this contest, you either have to own the Brass or the Special Edition Nucleus, or own one of the regular brushed or polished Titanium and haven't submitted any photos for the last contest.

Contest Description:

This contest has to do with my other hobby, photography. You will have to submit the "coolest" photo with this light in it. By "coolest" I mean by having this light in an interesting place, surroundings or situation. There is not many rules about this part, you don't have to use professional grade cameras, you can shoot with phones or even with film cameras. Feel free to be creative.

Rules of the photos you submit:

- The photograph you are using, has to be taken by YOU in whole. You are permitted to use Photoshop, as long as using your own photo.
- Photo needs to be in focus (no blurry shots please!)
- It needs to be at least 1920x1080 or 2 MegaPixel
- One photo per light you've purchased.
(Posting a photo at the time of receiving your light will not count as your submission, but if that's what you'd like to use for the contest, you can.)
- All submission has to be done by 11/06/2016 (Winner will be announced on 9/15/16 getting his light shipped the next day)
(Once we reach the required number of sale for the Mokume Gane version, you'll be able to submit one more picture to win that one.)
-
Post your photo in the sales thread with the description "Photo contest"

(With any questions about the contest, please pm or email me at [email protected])

Please contact me with any questions!

To see all photos of this light check out THIS post or go to my Flickr album for more pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/george7806/albums/72157671190387472

Exploded view of the Nucleus

28177070644_658523dc7b_b.jpg

Nucleus in Brushed Titanium:

28762896006_4e431b7bf4_b.jpg

Nucleus in Brushed Titanium with trits installed:

28510096100_9b8fae74d1_b.jpg

Nucleus Standing on a U.S. Penny

28510100030_1efd9314d4_b.jpg

The full collection of all Nucleus made, Brushed Titanium, Polished Brass, Polished Titanium, Mokume Gane (with trits installed)

28762866326_e349b0a78f_b.jpg

For size comparison next to a AAA and an 18650 battery.

28762887076_368ecc132b_b.jpg

Nucleus Brushed Titanium Rear View without trits installed:

28794575915_6d1df547fb_b.jpg

8mm Nucleus Light Engines:

28689382032_8b76e69887_b.jpg

Wearing the Nucleus around the neck:

28762890116_95ba499337_b.jpg

Early Solidworks Design:

28510093790_94cf693e74_b.jpg

Full collection on a US quarter:

28794568115_8cbc5d6076_b.jpg

One of the two Mokume Gane Nucleus made will be awarded to a lucky winner:

28794590955_972cb221ea_b.jpg

28177093764_8398b228d6_b.jpg

Don't let the size of the camera fool you, it's a miniature Minox Hasselblad:

28510113120_e1ab918c87_b.jpg

In my hands it looks really small:

28717429491_e18424f9f3_b.jpg

To see all photos of this light check out THIS post or go to my Flickr album for more pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/george7806/albums/72157671190387472

Last edited:

phosphor22

Enlightened
Re: World Smallest Titanium Light using a High Power Nichia 219B (Updated run-time sp

Wonderful – I will take a polished Ti – no trits; please do not install the Ti rear piece - send it along with the light.
thank you - Paypal sent!

Last edited:
I will take one polished with trits installed and one brushed without trits.pm your PayPal address. Location is Floida.

Last edited:

helios123

Enlightened
I will take one of each Brushed Titanium and Polished Titanium no trits. Please send me a PM for shipping to Australia! I would like to have my keychain attachments separate please, I will install them myself!

Edit: I sent you an email with my address in it :)

Last edited:
Re: World Smallest Titanium Light using a High Power Nichia 219B (Updated run-time sp

Wonderful – I will take a brushed Ti – no trits; please do not install the Ti rear piece - send it along with the light.
thank you - Paypal sent!

Thank You for your purchase, Paypal received, your light will ship with the first batch, going out 0n 8/12/16.
Once it has shipped, I will provide you with the tracking number!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will take one:
Brushed Ti finish
No trits installed
Ti rear piece not installed

PP on it's way. Thank you. :)

I will take one polished ti please, w trits installed.
Thank You for your purchase, I will add you on the list. I will check availability for the trits, but most likely I will be able to have your order out as scheduled, with trits (I have a small order of trits coming in in a few days)

Payment Received, Thank You for your purchase! I will provide you with the tracking number, once the order is shipped on 8/12/16

Last edited:

I must be blind....I can't find where to send the PayPal. Any help? Lol

I will take one of each Brushed Titanium and Polished Titanium no trits. Please send me a PM for shipping to Australia! I would like to have my keychain attachments separate please, I will install them myself!

Edit: I sent you an email with my address in it :)
Thank You, I've received your e-mail as well, I will lookup shipping cost, and will get back to you with the total, no later than tomorrow. Your name was added to the list of the first batch.

helios123

Enlightened
Thank You, I've received your e-mail as well, I will lookup shipping cost, and will get back to you with the total, no later than tomorrow. Your name was added to the list of the first batch.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for one. PP will be a few days out as I am waiting on funds so I guess (if there are any left) I will be in one of the later batches. Which is all good! Awesome project.

Also, those who have not bought a light with Tritium with Paypal, I suggest you don't use the words Tritium or Trits in your Notes section.

Gotta have one, Brushed finish.
Trit vial color options?
Auto

There are only green trits in this size, when they are available....I think I still have enough, to accommodate your trits. I will let you know no later than tomorrow about it.
What do you mean by "Auto" at the end of your post?