Whats your next V54 Light going to be??

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Just Fishing for Ideas on what V54 lights on peoples wish list for the next light....

Mine is going to be the TOOLvn in Copper:D

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Strangely I'm just sat trying to make such a decision.

K70vn
Tn36utvn
T6vn
M43vn

Cant decide. Will have to see how much money I can raise.

Toolvn looks a great light. I don't have one but it is also on a longterm wishlist. Love a nice patina on copper

Last edited:

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Strangely I'm just sat trying to make such a decision.

K70vn
Tn36utvn
T6vn
M43vn

Cant decide. Will have to see how much money I can raise.

Toolvn looks a great light. I don't have one but it is also on a longterm wishlist. Love a nice patina on copper

I think the TN36UTvn is a Must just for the Lumen it puts out with such flood. I will let u know when mine arrives

The K70vn and T6vn are both on my list so picking is difficult

Its nice to look at reviews and I think picking a light is the fun part!

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Please do. Great choice!

I cant decide flood or throw. Sr96vn also a consideration for ease of battery pack + no heat issues

Prob have to decide if you want flood or throw, it will make your decision easier

I like to go for wow factor and lights that will impress me and anyone else... Looks come into it and practability

drummer132132

Enlightened
Imo I find my M43 to be a fantastic light. I have 10508 optics in mine with 219C led's. Just an awesome combo.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q. Whats your next V54 Light going to be??

A. TK75vnQ70 3 x XHP70 dome on, carrier mod, single carrier; ordered and being built; I am going for maximum lumens in the 3.5 inch diameter class, along with some throw. This will be my first larger than 2.5 inch diameter light. I am going to try very high drain/very lower capacity batteries first, in order to get max lumens, and if the run time is too low, I will then try medium capacity batteries.

I am looking for the brightest points on the size/power continuum to be represented in my collection.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have yet to get a light from vinh yet; although i do lurk in this subforum quite often. im a fan of the SR52 and almost bit but didnt. going to see what kind of progress is made with drivers now that the latest wave of cree LEDs require more voltage. if the is a way to get a SR52 with a XHP-35 HI then i might just bite. i also found the K70 and K60 tempting but didnt pull the trigger there either. ive owned a 40w polarion X-1 since 2009 or so. although it set me back a pretty penny then i think in the long run it has saved me money in regards to not purchasing the latest and greatest lights when they come out. so far its been lights might out throw my HID but with significantly less output. or they might put out more lumens but not near the throw. however these XPH leds when executed properly are closing the gap on both categories.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q. Whats your next V54 Light going to be??

A. TK75vnQ70 3 x XHP70 dome on, carrier mod, single carrier; ordered and being built; I am going for maximum lumens in the 3.5 inch diameter class, along with some throw. This will be my first larger than 2.5 inch diameter light. I am going to try very high drain/very lower capacity batteries first, in order to get max lumens, and if the run time is too low, I will then try medium capacity batteries.

I am looking for the brightest points on the size/power continuum to be represented in my collection.

I use VTC4 2100mAh cells in my TK75vnQ70 :naughty:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q.Whats your next V54 Light going to be??

A. TK75vnQ70 3 x XHP70Q.... I am going to try very high drain/very lower capacity batteries first, in order to get max lumens, and if the run time is too low, I will then try medium capacity batteries.

Go with the highest drain,such as Efest IMR18650 3000mAh 35A (Purple) or
Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh (pink). The heat will make you shut it down long before the batteries are depleted.

This is precisely my philosophy!!!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with the highest drain,such as Efest IMR18650 3000mAh 35A (Purple) or
Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh (pink). The heat will make you shut it down long before the batteries are depleted.
This is precisely my philosophy!!!

Wow that Efest even has a higher max discharge current than the VTC4. Why didn't you share this info sooner? lol :paypal:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only find flat tops. I've never used flat tops in Vinh's lights... will they work or do I need to keep searching for a button top Efest IMR18650 3000mAh 35A (Purple)?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should i buy mecarmy pt18vn for $100 or stock pt18 for $72.90. ( new re-designed UI). Whats you think i should buy? Thanks

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer, you been kind of slow on cpf. Whats else have u been doing ? Get your eyes on the computer screen. Lol

ohitsjerico

Newly Enlightened
I have VTC5 cells, and I use them, but the VTC4 drains faster and shines brighter... apparently just not as bright as the batteries MAD777 mentioned.

IIRC those Efest batteries don't actually have continuous discharge of 35A. I think I read somewhere that they can withstand a pulse discharge of 35A and have a continuous discharge of ~20A. I believe that 30A is the highest achieved continuous discharge and the VTC4 are still the only cells that can run that with a capacity of 2000+ mAh.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC those Efest batteries don't actually have continuous discharge of 35A. I think I read somewhere that they can withstand a pulse discharge of 35A and have a continuous discharge of ~20A. I believe that 30A is the highest achieved continuous discharge and the VTC4 are still the only cells that can run that with a capacity of 2000+ mAh.

Awesome glad to hear that. Thanks, I'll keep using the VTC4!