• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

A minor modification to my C-Paks

fyrstormer

Banned
I have three PD-style flashlights using C-Paks. One thing that's always bugged me about the C-Paks was the way one of the edges met the clip exactly in the middle of a small hole drilled in the end of the clip, creating two very sharp pressure-points and posing an existential threat to the front-right pocket on every pair of pants I own.

I'd been contemplating a solution for years, but I always came up with something else to occupy my time instead. Today I finally did something about it:

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

It only took about 5 minutes per light, not counting washing and drying the parts after modification. Now my pants pockets are safe from being torn by McGizmo bear-trap clips.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great mod fyrstormer!
Here is a another "pocket saver" mod that I like to do to all of my clips.
I like to sand down and get rid of the almost "serrated" edge that will, over time, saw its way through the top corner of the pocket you clip it to. This example pic is of two Mac clips (before and after) but the Gizmo clips, when stock, basically have the same, rough edge.
macclip1.jpg

I will also sand down the bottom of the "pinch point" of the clip where the round hole is because, yes, that is another edge that will chew up a pocket after repeated clipping/unclipping but your solution is far better for this area!
Now, granted, that edge underneath the clip from the round hole in the pinch area does provide some extra "bite" to hold onto whatever it is clipped to and this sanding/smoothing of the hole will take away that "bite" so it won't be quite as secure but I have never had one come unclipped inadvertently, and my pockets thank me for the mod!!
It looks though with frystormers mod that he has increased the area of the "pinch point" (more contact surface area between the clip and body) making it more of a "pinch area" than a point.
Once again, great mod and it looks good too!!