*NEW DATE* Northeast Pennsylvania Get-Together. NY, NJ, CT...

scout24

Flashaholic
Hi there, CPF. This is an interest thread for the moment. It's been a while since there was an official on-forum Northeast Get Together, and I think now's the time. This will be on Saturday, the 22nd. of October, 2016 between Hawley and Honesdale, Pa. (18431) at my house. About 40 minutes into Pa. from the NY NJ PA corner, off Rt. 84. A quarter moon, lots of parking, some room to stretch the legs on your throwers, and room for kids to play.

This will be a family friendly event, along the lines of previous get togethers I've attended. No booze, no drugs, no pets, please. Any weaponry past knives to show off should stay in your car, please. Signifigant others welcome and encouraged, as are kids. I'll provide soda and bottled water: snacks and/or other drinks would be appreciated. Pizza can be ordered for dinner, I'd rather not BBQ or anything. I'm thinking mid- afternoon until 11:00, maybe Midnight? If you plan to make a weekend of it, there are a couple hotels not too far, and Lake Wallenpaupack is close by. So, who's interested? :)

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Northeast Pennsylvania Get-Together

Interested list:

Aginthelaw
Senecaripple
Carrot
Kid9P
Lighthouse one
Sledhead
Kartracer31
Copperfox
Nein166
Lefteye219
RogerSully
Bimmerboy
Stan671

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Northeast Pennsylvania Get-Together

So, 30 days to go, 150 views, and zero interest? A great chance to meet some fellow flashaholics, hang out, check out lights you've only heard about here, and generally have a good time. Putting faces to names, maybe forge some real life friendships. What say, folks? There were get togethers with loyal followings here in the NY NJ CT PA area not too long ago... :)

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Northeast Pennsylvania Get-Together. NY, NJ, CT...

I would love to. I'm sure the kids would be happy since school would be in full swing by then. Now all we need is someone with a pa. License to buy the fireworks (kidding). Probably hard to start a new flashaholic venue since milky's was so perfect. I will be working that day, but I'd like to hang out for a few hours after work

scout24

Flashaholic

It would be great to have you come by. My plan is to start PM'ing my address a week out once I'm sure this is going to happen. I had been down to Milky's for one Photon Fest, and agree it was a nice place to gather. The success of such events is measured in the participants in my opinion, but the location plays a part. We have plenty of room to play with lights, so I hope there is a greater response...

scout24

Flashaholic

I'm suprised. Almost three hundred views, and one response each via PM and posted here. I really thought there would be more interest, or at least discussion here for a get together convenient to the tri-state area. :thinking: As much as I would like to see Scott pick things back up, I don't think it's going to happen. C'mon, folks! :)

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast

october would be better for us. cornell homecoming that weekend and taking my cousin and her mom to checkout the college.

you're between scranton and bethel, ny

scout24

Flashaholic

Well, let's see if October 22 gets any more response. Same deal, last quarter moon, a week before Halloween... :)

And yes, between Scranton and Bethel.

carrot

Flashaholic

scout24,

It's quite a decent drive from where I live but if we get some decent momentum I'd love to swing by. It'd be great to see everybody.

scout24

Flashaholic

Carrot- I used to commute from here to Nanuet every day, by the Tappan Zee bridge. Not quite 2hrs from the bridge doing the posted 65 It was an hour and 40 minutes door-to-door to get to work.... :)

PS- Spread the word!

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry Brother, haven't been on the forums in a while.

PM sent !

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like to come...that date seems fine. BIll W.
Lighthouse one I suspect many members don't read the forum as much as in years past. See if you can find Kartracer...I think he has a good list of the usual group!

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello everyone! Work and life have been keeping me super busy, and I haven't been spending much time here on CPF, but I'm glad I came across this thread. scout24 - I'm sure there are many more interested fellow CPF'ers that will attend, but it's likely they just haven't seen this thread yet.

Put me down for attending! I'm looking forward to it. :)

Crazy thing... after creating the Photon Fest along with Milky I spent years and years of driving about 1 hour & 45 mins to Milky's house for every PF event. Then two years ago I end up moving about 15 minutes away from him... and then the PF at Milky's kinda dries up. Bummer! So it looks like scout24's zip code, 18431 is about 1 hour & 45 mins from me, but it will be nice to see the old faces and hopefully some new ones as well.

scout24 - if you PM me I can give you some lists and leads on how to reach out to fellow CPF'ers who have attended PF and FCW (Flashaholics Camping Weekend) events in the past.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there --Tim

scout24

Flashaholic

Yup! Saturday, October 22nd. Tim- I'll be in touch for your list. Thanks!

copperfox

Enlightened

Sounds intriguing, pencil me in. It's been a while.

I would be staying overnight. If anyone from RI, CT, or Eastern MA wants to carpool, send me a message.

Ryan

scout24

Flashaholic

Consider yourself penciled! Interest list updated...

scout24

Flashaholic

Five weeks and a couple days to go... Who else is coming??? :wave: :party: KartRacer- I pm'd you for your list, but don't think I capitalized the "R". Did it go through? If not, I'll resend. Thanks!