My Emerson Mini A-100 has new clothes

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have wanted an Emerson Mini A-100 for a very loooooooong time, and when the Emerson site had some, I bought one. On one of the forums I belong to, I have a friend who does AWESOME work on knives, and I have admired his work for years; I thought I would send him my Mini, and have lime green G-10 put on it. It came out AMAZING!! The blade is black, as are the screws, so the green & black looks stunning. I will show you a before picture of the knife, and the after.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you kelmo! I just ordered a Pete Gray Monster thumb disk in green for it.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Pete Gray green Monster thumb disk arrived the other day; and it is fabulous!!

alterrain

Newly Enlightened
Black+Green is always a great combo, nice blade!! Thumbstud is a great addition!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I like the bigger Pete Gray Monster Thumb Disk, better than the stock, small black thumb disk. The Mini A-100 is such a great knife!!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like that thumb disk too.
A Emerson is about the only knife I don't own. I have come very close a few times to getting a Mini like yours. I have to admit, that color green is super cool. I would have to add a lanyard. To me: that nice big hole is begging for one. lol Then probably go with a Paracord 500 (maybe 250) in Black. With some sort of small green bead. No wait, a copper bead with some heavy patina.

TKC, Can you show a few pics in your hand or some sorta size reference pic?

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Str8stroke: I will try to take some in hand pix for you, and perhaps some pix with a ruler. I will try to do that soon. A good friend of mine did the scales, and it is a Pete Gray Monster thumb disk.

The Mini A-100 is a small knife. It is a great size for EDC. I took the specs. off the Emerson site:
Handles
Black G-10 epoxy / glass laminate
Lock
Aerospace grade Titanium
Blade
154 CM
Finish
Black or Satin
Grind
Conventional V Grind
Overall Length7.2 in.
Blade Length3.0 in.
Blade Thickness.125 in.
Hardness57-59 RC

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
PS:
I have 2 lanyards that have coppers beads on them. One is glow in the dark & the other is green, and I bought them on Etsy. The GITD is on my pry bar & the green one is on my Mini Grip.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh thanks for taking time to do the pics when you do.

That Green is wild. I would try that on it! It may be too much green though. I have a GITD on one of my lights. It looks so cool. Only issue is it gets dirty quickly. I cleaned it, and put a bunch of 3M Scotch Guard on it. Seems to stay cleaner.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh thanks for taking time to do the pics when you do.

That Green is wild. I would try that on it! It may be too much green though. I have a GITD on one of my lights. It looks so cool. Only issue is it gets dirty quickly. I cleaned it, and put a bunch of 3M Scotch Guard on it. Seems to stay cleaner.

You are welcome.

I LOVE that green G-10 so much. Naw, the green & black look sooooooooo awesome together.