Convoy L6 Mod, How to double your lux!!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I would share this build info with everyone :)

Get your own, stock or with shown upgrades here.

If you have any questions just let me know :)

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice vid! Your video editing and narration is excellent. You don't clutter up the soundtrack with excited babble.

Well done.

P.S. Looks like the dedome caused a bit of tint-shift.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt you make it look so easy! I just sent my 4000lumen super duper Mag back to you today youll have it Mon or Tues for the dedome. The L6 already is such a massive beam its kinda hard to use around here. Do you by any chance have any of the super secret squirrel 69.5mm 5200mah protected Keeppowers in stock?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice vid! Your video editing and narration is excellent. You don't clutter up the soundtrack with excited babble.

Well done.

P.S. Looks like the dedome caused a bit of tint-shift.

Thanks for the feedback. It really helps to know what people like and what they think could improve. So far the consensus seems to be faster is better.

Matt you make it look so easy! I just sent my 4000lumen super duper Mag back to you today youll have it Mon or Tues for the dedome. The L6 already is such a massive beam its kinda hard to use around here. Do you by any chance have any of the super secret squirrel 69.5mm 5200mah protected Keeppowers in stock?

No squirrels here at the moment?

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
That was interesting to watch! Thanks! I had wondered how de-doming and power boosts were done and now I know.

Once I'm no longer afraid to use multi-cell lights, I'll probably buy the L6. I've been watching posts about it since it was released.

I didn't know that you did modifications or that you had a store! Very cool! :cool: Off I go to browse your site...

Thanks for doing this video. :)

arKmm

Enlightened
Is there anyone who has the de-domed version of the NW Convoy L6?

I was about to purchase the NW L6 from AS with both the de-dome and boost options, but I'm having second thoughts based on what the tint will be like post de-doming. Thinking it might be better to go for CW if the NW ends up becoming WW post mod?

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Nice video
I had read instructions that said to leave the emitter in gasoline overnight and it would dissolve the dome I found that to be a little extreme.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anyone who has the de-domed version of the NW Convoy L6?

I was about to purchase the NW L6 from AS with both the de-dome and boost options, but I'm having second thoughts based on what the tint will be like post de-doming. Thinking it might be better to go for CW if the NW ends up becoming WW post mod?

Hi arKmm,
It depends on what you feel is warm really. De-doming in this manner will shift the tint about 400ish degrees. So 5000K-4600k. I always felt like 4000K is about where we entered "warm" turf.:D