Any Casio G-SHOCK fans? Check this out.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Ok, so I have worn a Casio G-SHOCK since I was a kid. As a man, I am still extremely hard on my gear, so I still wear them. The only issue that I have ever had with them is the band. It always breaks long before the watch is done. I recently purchased a ZULU band adapter for my Mudman that was made of the same resin material as the original band. It is a small piece that mounts on each side that allows you to use a woven nylon ZULU style band. I'm thinking GREAT! No more broken bands! Wrong! Within a week the plastic resin adapter broke! Well, I just came across this...

A stainless steel adapter in either polished or black DLC coated finish.

I have never even heard of such things until recently. That's why I purchased the first one I came across, to my disappointment. I'm actually excited that this sort of thing exists. I have thrown away many watches that still worked because I could no longer wear it. Yeah, I could get a factory band for it, but end up in the same position.

It's the last of what is shown here, but I have orderd it, and will post my findings once received and used for a bit.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Why change only the band when you can change the face - the display on the new Casio Smart Outdoor WSD-F10 smartwatch can look like any particular watch you have in mind..

qnTXxsq.jpg

tex.proud

Enlightened
Why change only the band when you can change the face - the display on the new Casio Smart Outdoor WSD-F10 smartwatch can look like any particular watch you have in mind..

Yeah, I'm not looking for a bullshit, fake *** reload. Just looking to improve upon the real thing..

qnTXxsq.jpg

tex.proud

Enlightened
Wow tex another thing we have in common love my G-Shocks.. I'm going to look into this good heads up..

I have to say that I havent ever heard of such things before this. It's because of friends of mine that have that I I learned of it. I am VERY interested in this. Again, I will receive them soon, and report what I find. I expect a great deal, so...we'll see.

tex.proud

Enlightened
The original adapters and band that I purchased from http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm

A decent look, but more important to me is the durability of a Zulu strap vs. the resin band that comes with the watch.
IMG_20160828_145610_zpsjqcqpym3.jpg

You can see here where the strap broke in the middle. I have temporarily fixed it with gorilla glue.

IMG_20160828_145551_zpsdnozzofe.jpg

A side view

IMG_20160828_145519_zpsegdsd5os.jpg

tex.proud

Enlightened
So the previous shots are of the resin adapters that broke within a week. Here's the new Black DLC coated stainless steel adapters.

Packaged in separate bags so they don't scratch eachother.
IMG_20160831_185341_zpsn65sixhi.jpg

A closup of them.
IMG_20160831_185418_zps4bqaatzt.jpg

They swivel like a regular steel band so they fit any size wrist.
IMG_20160831_185538_zpsih7i728b.jpg

A few views.
IMG_20160831_185706_zpsj7l4scrb.jpg

IMG_20160831_185811_zpsvhgpj5ts.jpg

IMG_20160831_185904_zpsphtjqnrr.jpg

Initial impressions: It is very finely machined, fits the watch very well, installs easily, works very well with the Zulu strap, creates a rather comfortable fit for the watch, and looks as if it came with the watch.

It's the long term impression I'm interested in. The previous adapters I tried broke within a week. Hopefully these will prove to be durable enough for the punishment that I put on my gear.

tex.proud

Enlightened
After wearing this at work for a bit I can say it's the best band setup I've had on a G-SHOCK. Gets bumped, banged, and caught on things constantly with zero issues or failures.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Have an update! There are now shortened 2 piece zulu straps that work better with the Stevral adapters. With a 1 piece strap the adapters angle downward toward your wrist, at a right angle to the watch. With the new 2 piece straps they angle outward, making for a more comfortable fit, and less movement of the watch around your wrist.

IMG_20161119_144322_zpsbjmme0bh.jpg

IMG_20161119_144356_zpsdxhaxlwl.jpg

IMG_20161119_144436_zpsg2gcnfal.jpg

IMG_20161119_144515_zpsnv0qsi1m.jpg

They've been added to the same page as the adapter HERE