Just got a Benchmade Mini-Barrage 585-2

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a really nice knife! If you have a mini-barrage it is the same exact thing except with upgraded blade steel (SV30) and G10 grips. I got it from LA Police Gear when they had there 12% off coupon available. The really cool thing about it is it is 264 out of the first 1,000 ever produced! It was totally an impulse buy but a satisfying one at that! I pair it with a Surefire Titan Plus.

This combo has replaced my EDC combo consisting of an original mini-barrage and a Surefire Titan. Life is good when this is your backup kit!

Thanks for sharing

kelmo

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
​Where are the pix? Congrats on scoring a great knife!!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
isnt it awesome?? These knives are tanks. I have a black/black 585 and a full on large 581 with coated blade. Have had the 585 for a few years its my first Benchmade. I have had zero issues with the 154cm steel blade. I clean it time to time and I have never had to sharpen it and I have really put it through some work. The M390 on my 581 is so tough I could cut and hack through a 2x4 and the edge would still be fine. Keeping the big black coated blade clean is a PIA though if I could do it all over again I would have gotten the uncoated blade.