• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

This sales thread is for the Special Edition (Galaxy Collection) and Brass Version only. To read more about this light, please check out this thread HERE.

If you're interested in buying the Brushed Titanium or Polished Titanium Version you can do it HERE.

Special Edition:

Most of you, who own the standard version of this light, have probably been excited to be able to purchase the Brass version, and wanted to see, what this "Special Edition" was all about.
Let me start by telling you, that this special edition was not planned, and would not have happened if it wasn't for all the demands through forum posts and PM's asking for different materials and different finishes.
Right around the time when the first batches were shipped out, I started experimenting with different designs and processes, to create something even more special, than the original design. Heat anodizing seemed to be a good candidate for creating a new design.
All the pieces you see in the "Galaxy Collection" has been polished, heat anodized, and machined to create the grooves. As you will see, the grooves are not the same on all the pieces, this is intentional. The finish for these pieces came out exceptional, I was very happy with the result, and
I was very excited to show off these pieces. On some of the lights, you may see small imperfections. This is due to the really high quality lens I'm using to photograph. It is one of the sharpest Canon lens ever made. Any of this imperfection would be extremely difficult, or impossible to see with naked eyes. The only exception to this is The Carinae, which has some issues on the tail-cap, which I didn't see at the time of taking the pictures. This is visible on the photos, but barely visible to the naked eyes, but I will make a new tail-cap for this piece regardless.
There are many variation that could be done with heat anodizing titanium, but it is very difficult, to constantly make the exact same piece. Besides this 6 design, on the pictures you can see others that I will not offer for sale, it would be the "Reverse Galaxy" pieces. I cannot achieve a perfect finish, even though this imperfections are also very difficult to see with bare eyes. Even though the Special Edition takes quite a bit more work to achieve this finish, I'm giving a substantial ($50 off) discount to all existing Nucleus owners, to show my appreciation for buying multiple pieces. Anyone can qualify for this discounted price, by purchasing an additional piece of any finish, along with this purchase. If it all goes as planned, we'll get closer and closer selling the remaining batch out, which would get me closer to manufacture additional pieces out of different material. The 6 pieces you see here are available with nearly immediate shipping (Shipping date 8/30/2016.) If you miss out on getting this first batch, or miss the one you wanted, I will make the one you request and ship within 2 weeks or earlier.

Brass Edition:

Unlike the special edition, the Brass version will be no surprise to most of you. Mirror finished objects are hard to photograph, so if you see anything on the pictures that shouldn't be there, I can assure you, it is optical illusion only. If you have one of my polished Ti pieces, you are familiar with my polish work, if you're not,
you'll just have to take my word for it. The brass version will also come with Ti snap ring holder in the back, as that is the part of the light that would take most of the abuse if kept on a key chain. If you prefer, I can heat anodize this piece, to make it look close to brass. The other difference is, that since this light has no reflector, the brass inside the light head will reflect a warmer color, than the Titanium version. For me, it is even more pleasing than the Ti, as it is very close to sunlight. As far as the rest, it is all the same. I'm limited to 19 pcs. of this finish, out of which 6 pcs. are reserved already. This reserve was available in the sales-post for people who put their name done to receive this finish when available. They have received a PM about this from me, if you haven't responded, please do! There is no reservation for the rest of the pieces, it will sell on the "first come, first served" bases.

Brass Version:

• Material: Brass (Hand Polished to mirror finish)
  • Availability : 13 pcs. ( 6 pcs. had been reserved by members, who has asked me to put their name down when this version is available, as requested by me in the sales thread.) The remaining 13 pcs. will be sold on the "first come, first served bases, when they go on sale this Sunday at 6pm PST.
  • Price : $135 for first time buyers and $125 for someone who already owns other version of the Nucleus. (You may qualify for the lower price, by purchasing one of the other version, along with this one.
  • Shipping Date : 9/2/2016 for the whole batch. (If ordering a Special Edition, with a different shipping date, please contact me for combined shipping.)
  • Shipping Cost : $15 for USPS Priority Mail within the US. If you are international buyer, please contact me for pricing.
  • Tritium Option : $45 for 5 pcs. of 0.95mm x 3mm green Tritium vials installed.

Special Edition (Galaxy Collection) :

• Titanium Grade 5 (Ti-6Al-4V)
  • Availability : 40 pcs. ( No reservation can be made for this pieces they will be sold on the "first come, first served bases, when they go on sale this Sunday at 6pm PST.

• Price : $185 for first time buyers and $135 for someone who already owns any other version of the Nucleus. (You may qualify for the lower price, by purchasing one of the other version, along with this one.
  • Shipping Date : 9/9/2016 for the whole batch. (If ordering a Brass Version, with an earlier shipping date, please contact me for combined shipping.)
  • Shipping Cost : $15 for USPS Priority Mail within the US. If you are international buyer, please contact me for pricing.

• Tritium Option : $45 for 5 pcs. of 0.95mm x 3mm green Tritium vials installed.

Detailed Specifications:

- Size: 1.04" x 3/8" (0.37") or 26.4mm x 9.44mm (if you are on the metric system) With the split ring holder accessory 1.15" (29.4mm)

- Weight: 0.17 oz or 5 Grams

- LED: Nichia NVSL219BT-V1 4000K, 93 CRI, D200 Bin

LED Features
  • Thermal resistance: 6C/W
  • Max Forward Current: 1.5A
  • Max Junction Temperature: 150C
  • Color Rendering: Ra 92
  • Electrically neutral thermal path
  • SW40 Tint
  • D200 Flux Bin(200-220lm@700mA)
  • L2 Voltage Bin (2.9-3.1V@700mA)

-
Light Engine: Brass Pill with 8mm MCPCB

- Optics: 7.5mm Sapphire glass window, with AR coating on both sides, specifically tuned to the wavelenght of this LED

- Brightness in Lumens: ~ 20-25 (This is an estimate based on the current to LED, which is approximately 72mA max. on fresh batteries.)

-
Battery Type: (Not Included) 3 x Maxell SR41W (High Drain) Please be advised, that I can only warranty proper fit and run-time, using this specific battery. It was designed around this specific battery, and even though other manufacturers describe sizing to be the same as this one, there are differences. Since this light was built to very tight specifications (only 0.006 gap when the cap is fully turned on), it is unlikely, but possible that other type of batteries will either not reach the batteries, or stick out to far, and waterproofing will not be ensured.
- Runtime: (Please make sure, to read this and to be ok with the intended purpose of this light): Full runtime is over 2 hours (please read the breakdown on how it will drop in brightness during that 2 hours) It was designed to be used for short intervals of 10-20 secs. it will have enough juice for about 100-150 of this 10-15 sec. burst. If it is operated continuously, it will go on 20-25 lumens for about 2 minutes, then gradually drops to about 10 lumens by the 5 minute mark, then it will drop to about 2 lumens by the 10 minute mark. It will continue to run at 2 lumens for about 2 hours.
(If you're getting this light, to look for lost treasures in the sand, it is Not the right light for you. On the other hand, if you're an enthusiast wanting to own a really cool piece that might not be replicated and you're ok, for using it for short intervals, or emergencys, you'll love this light. I have designed other hosts for this that is using 5A rechargeable cylindrical batteries, capable of providing about 800-900 mA current to the LED. They might be available in the future, as an add-on, if I can work out all the issues)
Country of design and manufacture: If you're feeling patriotic, you'll love to hear, that it was all designed and made here in San Diego, California.
Manufacturing: With the exception of writing the CNC programs, I designed, assembled and even operated some of the CNC lathes and mills. (Haas SL-10 lathe and Haas VF-3SS mill)

(Machining on these pieces are to very tight tolerances, and are high quality, with smooth threads. This light is a mechanical gem! The light can be fully disassembled with the exception of the brass pill.
Water Resistance:.10ft./3meters (I will take this down up to 100' in the next few weeks and update the exact limitations. Waterproofing will work, as long as you don't back out the rear cap more, than you need, to turn off the light.)

Warranty: 1 Year warranty on any manufacturer defect. I personally assemble and solder all lights, and I have very high standards when building anything. I check and re-check all components numerous times, during assembly, but that doesn't mean, that I can't make any mistake.
Although the light can be fully disassembled, I encourage you that if you do it,do it with great care. The threads are very fine 40 TPI threads, and I can't warranty any defect coming from cross threading the parts, that normally don't need to be disassembled. As far as the rear cap,
just use caution, like with any other fine threads, turning the cap counter clockwise before starting to turn clockwise. If you feel any resistance, it means, that either you have debris on the thread, or you're not assembling the threads properly. I can't honor warranty claims,
due to user error of cross-threading the components.

International buyers:

I'm happy to ship this light internationally, but reserve the right to refuse sale, if destination country had previous issues with lost packages. I will ship your package with Global Priority Mail at the exact shipping cost of what I'm paying + $5 for packaging.
I will provide a tracking number with this option, but I won't be responsible for lost packaging or packages being delivered to the wrong address. I will buy insurance, and there will be a signature required. If the package is lost, I will give you a refund, once I receive
the insurance claim. Please keep this in mind, when making a purchase.)
Please feel free, to add your name on the list, and state your location before making a payment. I will look up shipping cost and let you know your total so you can make a Paypal payment.

Payment:

I prefer PayPal to my email address: [email protected] (Paypal fees are included in the purchase price)

- To ensure your place on the list, please make a timely payment. Once I've received payment, and your preference about options, I will add your name on the list.
- Please include your Candlepowerforum screen name in the notes, when making a paypal payment, so I can give you tracking info, once the items are shipped.

Pictures of the Special Edition (Galaxy Collection) and the Brass Version:

You can also see these and other photos of all finishes in my Flickr album HERE:

Galaxy Collection:

29127979221_cb80759b02_b.jpg

The Abell

28586076423_5a786a433a_b.jpg

The Andromeda

29098753692_e25812ac1e_b.jpg

The Eridanus

29127973891_ffa4c7b879_b.jpg

The Saturn

29127975101_5323a10e43_b.jpg

The Orion

29127976441_4ffd5e6279_b.jpg

The Carinae

29127977791_be6efa5c85_b.jpg

Full Collection with Mokume Gane Version in the center

28586069743_95cefe9f6a_b.jpg

Brass Version:

28586072923_242c92996b_b.jpg

28586071503_f56b72801c_b.jpg

Uriah

Enlightened
Re: World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

Sorry my clock say's 6:10

I'll take the Abell

Last edited:

phosphor22

Enlightened
Re: World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

I'm in for a brass with trits (and check email for more info) - thanks!!

Paypal sent; please send but do not attach the end piece with split ring.

Last edited:

I'm in for a brass with trits (and check email for more info) - thanks!!

Thank You Ann, I will respond to your email later today and tomorrow, and I will try and send both lights on Friday.

George, I'm in for a brass and special edition per email.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi George,
I'll take one brass with trits.
Thank you!

Edit: End piece and split ring attached, please. Thank you!

Last edited:

autogiro

Enlightened

:takeit:
THE ORION
Auto

Edit: :paypal:
Auto

Last edited:

ScapegoatUmi

Newly Enlightened

Hi George - I hope im not to late for a saturn with trits. If i am, Ill wsit untill you can make another, If that is possible.
Thanks

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi George...

If you're willing to do the same arrangement as discussed for the brass light that you have kindly reserved for me, I'd like to add an Abell (with green trits) to the transaction.

Thanks!

helios123

Enlightened

George, I will be taking the Carinae! Please PM me how much shipping is + with the brass one I reserved! Cheers!

Hi Helios, the Carinae is yours![emoji106]🏻 I'll be sending you a PM shortly. Thank You for your purchase!

Also, please specify Tritium and split ring holder options (installed or not) It goes for everyone, if you haven't done it. Thanks!

Hi George...

If you're willing to do the same arrangement as discussed for the brass light that you have kindly reserved for me, I'd like to add an Abell (with green trits) to the transaction.

Thanks!

Hi John, the same arrangement can be done, as it was discussed for the brass version. Please check your PM for more details. Thanks!

helios123

Enlightened

George, :paypal:

Cheers!

Glenn

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I'm in for the Abell as well as the brass one, no trits.

We used his textbook (George Abell) in my intro astronomy class.

Last edited: