Cigar Humidor - What do YOU have? & Test In Progress

StuGatz

Enlightened
A humble cigar humidor cabinet arrives... :grin2: At this point it is from crate to setup. This will be an unusual and ongoing TIP (Test In Progress) of a very interesting article of gear. :cool:

I have combined the contents of several satellite humidors into almost one. The new Cigar Oasis Magna 2.0 humidifier should be a welcome addition for some great well aged sticks. :D And feel free to come back to see how this one develops!

But I am curious. Do YOU use a humidor or other tobacco storage device? If so what do you use? :thinking:

Last edited:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cigar Humidor - What do YOU have?

Sorry bro, I gave up stogies 10 years ago due to health reasons. Kudos to you...

StuGatz

Enlightened

Sorry bro, I gave up stogies 10 years ago due to health reasons. Kudos to you...

Sorry to hear that brother. I keep it strictly decompression time. All the very best wishes to your health and fortunes. :)

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds good!
I used to like La Gloria Cubana,
Padron, Fuente xx, and the 'exotics' lol!

StuGatz

Enlightened
36 Hour UPDATE

One of my humidors was a freebie from Thompson cigars

Some of those are outstanding. :thumbsup: I believe that I have a few in that range as well. :cool:

Here is the update regarding the "seasoning" of the humidor. Apologies for the slight delay in post... :rolleyes: ;)

StuGatz

Enlightened
7 Day - UPDATE

This is approximately 7 days in. LUCKY NUMBER 7 !!! :thinking:

StuGatz

Enlightened
14 Day Update

It seems as though this has turned into a TIP (Test In Progress) to determine more details about this humidor. The cigar Oasis Magna 2.0 Humidor & Cigar Tower - 14 Day Update (I know the dates of post do not match up but THAT is when the video was taken) :thinking::cool::

Sadden

Enlightened
Re: 14 Day Update

Ive got an Arostocrat Plus 48. Dark Mahogany, 3 slide out shelves and one singles drawer.

Im a big fan of Padron, Oliva, Tat, Viaje, Ramon Allones, Fuente, Partagas, Vegas Robaina...

StuGatz

Enlightened

Ive got an Arostocrat Plus 48. Dark Mahogany, 3 slide out shelves and one singles drawer.

Im a big fan of Padron, Oliva, Tat, Viaje, Ramon Allones, Fuente, Partagas, Vegas Robaina...

That is a beautiful set up. :thumbsup: :cool: What humidification system do you run inside?

StuGatz

Enlightened

At the 20 day point the cabinet appears to have established "seasoned" humidification.

Trarun

Newly Enlightened
What you do about humidity will depend on where you live and whether you need to take the humidity up or down from the humidity in your home. I like around 60%. I have good luck keeping it around 60% without doing or adding anything. But I live in Alabama and I run dehumidifiers in the basement. Some areas of the country will dry out, some will have humidity so high that mold is a concern.There are lots of places that do good business selling these types of humidors, and occasionally they work out. In fact, just about anything will work if you are willing to constantly add humidity, but the fluctuating levels aren't great for storing cigars, and I prefer not to have to deal with the hassle of constantly checking humidity levels and having to add it on a regular basis, and the potentially detrimental effects of fluctuating humidity levels.Personally, in terms of bang-for-buck, I say that a cooler or Tupperware is the way to go for inexpensive cigar storage. I have a Tupperware that hasn't needed a new Boveda in over a year. My windows need to have the KL charged perhaps three or four times a year, and the bovedas I keep in there recharge themselves by absorbing any extra humidity.Wood humidors are pretty, but will always be more hassle than a less-traditional but much-more-effective solution like a coolidor, tupperdore, or wineador https://coolerexp.com/best-cigar-humidors-review/If you're dead set on a wood humidor, don't look for price, look for a quality manufacturer that comes well recommended. Daniel Marshall, Savoy, and custom builders like Ed at Waxing Moon have good reputations. I don't have any of them because the price is too high for what I need, but I know a lot of folks that recommend all three.I like watching a video on YouTube on such topics, I'll leave you one of them here, I hope it will useful to someone