• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Storm Clouds building

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Storm clouds are moving over the Jacksonville, FL area tonight. I'll top off my AA NiMH batteries tomorrow that I use in my Haiku's. When Wilma in '05 hit, I had power until after the storm had passed, then lost power for three days.

I know a few Haiku owners in Gainesville, FL that might get a chance to use them soon in earnest.

Good luck there in Maui.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also have a solar charging rig or car charging capabilities. I am sure you do. Good luck, it looks like it may just be a strong tropical storm. Which can bring tons of water if it moves slow. As you know.

ajl

Newly Enlightened
I would also have a solar charging rig or car charging capabilities. I am sure you do. Good luck, it looks like it may just be a strong tropical storm. Which can bring tons of water if it moves slow. As you know.

I do have a solar panel, have never really tried it out; after a storm you tend to have more wind than sun though. Do have a boatload of primary AA's as a backup.

Hope the islands get some rain but no damage. We could use the rain in NE Florida. We are about a foot low in rain for the year as of August.

Had one outer band pass through. Got dark and quiet. No rain here though. Sort of like a solar eclipse. Guess it will be five more hours before the weather gets heavy.

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Power remained on all night. No damage here at my place in Jacksonville. I am sure the distance between here and the eye of the storm made the difference. Still have two more months of storm season. Wilma didn't hit until October.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
I'm just south of Jacksonville in northern St Johns county. Lost power for a few hours but no damage issues around the house. [emoji106]🏻

Put the Torchlab v5 to work last night checking the roof and property a few times last night and early this morning after high wind periods and a few bumps from flying objects in the night.

[emoji41]

ajl

Newly Enlightened
From what I can find on the internet Lester is passing north of the islands. Close enough for some island excitement I guess.

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Another day, another approaching storm. Lights, radio and supplies ready in Jax.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Another day, another approaching storm. Lights, radio and supplies ready in Jax.

Looking at windyty.com , Matthew looks to be headed with trouble to spread. I hope everyone is safe and take care!!

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Jacksonville got lucky that the storm pretty much stayed offshore of Florida. I think the winds here were stronger on the backside of the storm. No real damage at my place.

My Haiku AA worked well at night.

I really need to get a small portable generator and a propane bbq grill. Lost power twice, once through the afternoon & night and the 2nd time for a few hours after I had come from the grocery store with restocked perishable food. :( The "Beaches"/property has some damage as expected for a strong storm that raked the shoreline.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Recent post-tropical cyclone Matthew consensus models have it heading east... earlier some models had it circling back south... not now. Stay tuned... 🤔