I am looking for a Bike light with a remote switch like the Niteye B20

TheParadoX

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have a Niteye B20 whose switch broke two times. The first time I was able to get a replacement via Niteye, but now they seem to be bankrupt. They do not answer emails, their website has not been update in ages and their facebook is dead. I spotted a very similar switch on the Klarus B30, but I am not sure if it would fit and I was unable to find out so far. Maybe someone knows here.

If I cannot manage to get a new switch, I'll probably need a new lamp for my bike as the days are getting shorter. I still want a lamp I can operate with a remote switch, so the possibilities are not endless. It should also have multiple brightness modes. Any suggestions as to which lamp meets my requirements ?

Cheers,
Para

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I remember correctly the Fenix BC30 remote switch only turns on turbo and doesn't control all the modes. I have one and decided to not bother with the remote switch because it has limited functionality. You might want to double check that though and it's possible they've updated it since I bought mine. I love the light but just make sure it will do what you want before buying it.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
If I remember correctly the Fenix BC30 remote switch only turns on turbo and doesn't control all the modes. I have one and decided to not bother with the remote switch because it has limited functionality. You might want to double check that though and it's possible they've updated it since I bought mine. I love the light but just make sure it will do what you want before buying it.
Very good point. I hadn't considered that. Sorry OP!

angerdan

Enlightened
There are a few remote-controlled headlights:

• BlackShadow StarryLight BX02
  • Fenix BC30
  • Fenix BC30R
  • Fenix BTR20
  • Garmin Varia HL-500
  • Garmin Varia HL-501
  • Gloworm X1 V2 LED Light System
  • Gloworm X2 V3 LED Light System
  • Gloworm XS V1 LED Light System
  • Out-Led Hellena 2.0
  • Out-Led Hellena 2.5
  • Out-Led Hellena 3.5
  • Out-Led Hellena 4.0
  • Lupine Betty R 4500
  • Lupine Betty R 7 5000
  • Lupine Piko R 4SC
  • Magicshine Eagle F3
  • Magicshine MJ 816 E
  • Magicshine MJ 880 R
  • Niteye B-10
  • Niteye B-20
  • Niteye B-30
  • Specialized Flux Expert
  • Stella Aqua
  • TrustFire TR-D003
  • TrustFire TR-D009
  • TrustFire TR-D010
  • Xeccon Sogn 900 Wireless

TheParadoX

Newly Enlightened
Last edited by a moderator:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome, I hope you like it! Mine has served me well for sure although I've mostly used it on the road rather than on trails. I imagine it would be great on trails as well though. Hopefully I'll get to try that out this fall in addition to riding on the road.

chenmiao

Banned
Hello,

I have a Niteye B20 whose switch broke two times. The first time I was able to get a replacement via Niteye, but now they seem to be bankrupt. They do not answer emails, their website has not been update in ages and their facebook is dead. I spotted a very similar switch on the Klarus B30, but I am not sure if it would fit and I was unable to find out so far. Maybe someone knows here.

If I cannot manage to get a new switch, I'll probably need a new lamp for my bike as the days are getting shorter. I still want a lamp I can operate with a remote switch, so the possibilities are not endless. It should also have multiple brightness modes. Any suggestions as to which lamp meets my requirements ?

Cheers,
Para

Magicshine light has remote control and has bluetooth mode. And the light comes in combo (front and tail light).Hope this can help .