Revolution in Armytek?

clemence

Newly Enlightened
Hi AT,

Haven't check the website for quite sometimes, I just noticed that now ALL your product's are undergone re-specification. For example: Predator Pro XPL HI beam distance previously 540m; 72.000cd now adjusted to a more realistic 439m; 47.750cd. Barracuda Pro beam distance previously 950m; 235.000cd now changed to 775m; 150.000cd. I forget about the old run time numbers but I'm sure they're all changed too.
May I know what standard you use now for lux measurement? What battery capacity used for run time measurements?
Anyway, greatly appreciate all the hard works. Thank you for listening :twothumbs

Regards,
Clemence

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Hi AT,

Haven't check the website for quite sometimes, I just noticed that now ALL your product's are undergone re-specification. For example: Predator Pro XPL HI beam distance previously 540m; 72.000cd now adjusted to a more realistic 439m; 47.750cd. Barracuda Pro beam distance previously 950m; 235.000cd now changed to 775m; 150.000cd. I forget about the old run time numbers but I'm sure they're all changed too.
May I know what standard you use now for lux measurement? What battery capacity used for run time measurements?
Anyway, greatly appreciate all the hard works. Thank you for listening :twothumbs

Regards,
Clemence

We are grateful for your interest in our products! For the purpose of creating more high-quality and advanced flashlights we have improved the software of our devices. It allowed us to significantly stabilize flashlights` runtimes and get more constant light. By this reason we have changed the specifications in the manuals and product carts on our official website armytek.com.

For example, modes and runtimes for Barracuda and Predator are measured for 18650 Li-Ion 3100mAh until the light output drops to 10% of the initial value.
Our measurements are partly made according to the recommendations of ANSI FL1.

Last edited:

parametrek

Enlightened
I noticed a number of lumens/runtime numbers have changed as well. For example here are the old and new values for the Wizard (regular) v3 XPL warm:

• old: 975 lm (1h 30min), 390 lm (3h 30min), 185 lm (8h 30min), 32 lm (48h), 1.8 lm (18d), 0.2 lm (100d)
  • new: 930 lm (1h 20min), 363 lm (3h 30min), 167 lm (8h 30min), 56 lm (18h), 2,1 lm (18d), 0,37 (100d)

Were the drivers changed or were the old numbers incorrect? The change in lumen values suggests the old numbers were incorrect. The change in a 48h mode to an 18h mode (with an increase in brightness) suggests the driver was revised.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
either they just made up more realistic numbers off the top of their heads or they actually tested the lights in the super expensive integrating sphere they claim to have. Or...like I theorized long ago they just sat down with Cree data sheets and a calculator again and this time did not round up all the numbers in their favor. My issue is they do not ANSI test. Notice that there is not a single ANSI chart on their site or in their literature. They do not explain anywhere how they get their numbers especially the drop test numbers and good for several meters underwater numbers etc. Now they are going XHP35 which requires a totally new driver and electronics. I will sit back and wait and watch the threads to see if they work or not.