Covering ground reasonably fast.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
So here is what I did today in just 3 or so hours during late afternoon into early evening. An adventure can be squeezed in at any time. Even during a busy day!

First what do I pack when looking to cover ground. Not much it seems, heck not even a poncho this time. There was thunderstorms in today's forecast but so what. I would just keep running. Heck once ran my clothes dry on the move. Note everything on me is synthetic. It will stink but sure dry fast. Here is the kit. Clearly I am not planing on playing patty cakes, making feather sticks and become friends with anyone. I am on the move. It was 90 F today with high humidly.

1. Osprey REV 24 pack.
2. Dry bag for the iPhone.
3. UL 3000 mAh USB battery pack with cables and ear buds in case I get bored.
4. BIG water bag. So hot and humid today. Gotta have water!
5. A bunch of napkins in a Ziploc. In fact everything is water proofed with bags etc etc.

5. Armytek Tiara Pro headlamp with extra 14500 lithium ion battery.
6. Tops/Turley PSK.
7. BHK Large scandi Tiger Knapp in stainless with LMF firesteel in a DIY kydex holder.

It's a GO!

Yes I look like a tool in the blaze orange shirt but in my area odds are if going a longer distance on foot someone will be crossing a road. Getting run over would probably suck.

Some signs of Autumn.

It's a bit dry out there.

Going to be some nice friction fire action later on in the year. Mullein is all over the place.

During Autumn it starts getting dark sooner. Darkness is no reason to stop when covering ground unless it's too dangerous. Having the headlamp came in handy.

I look like even more of a tool.

A bit over 10.5 miles. Not bad for a late afternoon going into early evening run. But then again nothing super human either.

Thanks for looking.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, awesome pictures and commentary as always. Still looks like a decent amount of gear despite packing light. Glad you got to get outside and enjoy a run.