Some of my work.

Sadden

Enlightened
Hey there, my name is Colin, I am a semi professional knife sharpener. I specialize in hard, vanadium rich steels.

Heres some of my gear, i primarily use a modified edge pro. I have a large collection of synthetic and natural stones, compounds, and strops

Cold Steel Rajah 2 in BD1

Customers CRK in S35vn

Customers Forum Knife in S90V

My EDC, an S90V Spydie/Phil Wilson Southfork

My Maestro Wu, made from ww2 era bombshells, thats one of my wifes hairs...
I import these for the Canadian Market

A customers Yojimbo2, in S30V

Thanks for looking in :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Oooh that Insingo looks fantastic! I love my Insingos. Might need one touched up one day... 🙂

Sadden

Enlightened
Hey guys! Thanks for the interest. I dont do a ton of customer knives due to my day job keeping me pretty busy. But I am double checking with the mods before posting up a link if you guys want more information. Mostly this is a hobby. But i do take on customer knives via mail order. :D

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great work! Those look amazing. I just started getting into knives and am proceeding slowly so at this point I can only dream of getting my knives anywhere near as sharp as that haha!

Sadden

Enlightened
So my sig and link are all cleared via Bill, so looks like its good to roll out, looking forward to hearing from some of you, stay tuned around here as i will be updating this thread with pictures :p

Goodmak

Newly Enlightened
Nice collection! Sharpening is my biggest headache so I have to use Lansky sharpeners.

Nitiwat

Newly Enlightened
Wow fantastic work! You have so many stones I'm so jealous :( . I've gotten into sharpening my own knives too but damn I can never get my edges to a mirror polish like that. Could you list out your stones and paste/spray? Pretty interested in that stuff! Also how often do you freehand vs guided system?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Could you list out your stones and paste/spray? Pretty interested in that stuff! Also how often do you freehand vs guided system?

Might be a trade secret, after all he does have a blade sharpening business.

Bill

Sadden

Enlightened
You have an interesting collection of Japanese polishing stones.
Yeah I have around 25 different Jnats, And a big box full of Naguras :p Although not all are strictly polishers, I have some that are fairly coarse.

Wow fantastic work! You have so many stones I'm so jealous :( . I've gotten into sharpening my own knives too but damn I can never get my edges to a mirror polish like that. Could you list out your stones and paste/spray? Pretty interested in that stuff! Also how often do you freehand vs guided system?
I use so many different things, it would be a very long list. But my most used products are....

Atoma Diamond Plates- 140, 400, 600, 1200
Shapton pro Stones - 220, 1k, 1500, 2k, 5k, 8k, 15k, 30k
Cubic Boron Nitride Compound (Ken Schwartz)- 1u, 0.5u, 0.25u, 0.125u, 0.1u
Polycrystalline Diamond Compound (Ken Scwartz)1u, 0.5u, 0.25u, 0.1u, 0.05u, 0.025u
I strop with Kangaroo leather or nanocloth strops coated in the aforementioned compounds.

I normally use the edge pro to do my initial edges. On personal knives i will touch up or sharpen freehand sometimes. On customer knives i primarily use the edge pro.

Sadden

Enlightened
Wow I didn't think anyone actually used the Shapton 30k. Do you think it's overkill in your opinion?
IN all honesty, my stone is not very good. leaves very large scratches for a 30k stone. Kens compounds are much more finely graded.

Nitiwat

Newly Enlightened
IN all honesty, my stone is not very good. leaves very large scratches for a 30k stone. Kens compounds are much more finely graded.

That's pretty interesting you say that. Personally, I've only used up to a King 6K which is probably no where on the same level as Shapton's stones in terms of quality but I think it fits my skill level.