• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

X7 Marauder Information

Olightworld

Enlightened
Welcome to the X7 Marauder. Featuring 9000 lumens in a "soda can" sized light to provide the power of the sun in the palm of your hand. The X7 Marauder carries three four core light-emitting XHP70 LED's which are currently one of the highest performing light sources on the planet. The light features a custom designed orange peel reflector to create the perfect beam pattern for logical and realistic use. People ask, why would someone need 9000 lumens? Well the X7 offers 6 modes at various brightness levels going all the way down to 3 lumens which mimics a small keychain flashlight. The 9000 lumen setting provides a sensation of daylight when shined in a pitch black environment with a soft tone so it is not blinding to the eye. The X7 features a groundbreaking active thermal management system. The MCU detects the flashlights internal temperature in real time to prevent overheating to the user's hand and flashlight. We have meticulously designed this feature to maintain the flashlights longevity and a positive user experience for years to come.

FEATURES

• Uses three top-class cool white CREE XHP 70 LED with a total of 12 light-emitting cores.
  • A maximum output of 9000 lumens which is great for strong illumination and minimum output of 3 lumens, which is suitable for long periods of using at night.
  • Powered by four 18650 rechargeable lithium batteries of high discharging rate , providing up to 3,000 lumens of output with three hours of run-time.
  • Comfortable hand gripping experience given by large square textures on the flashlight body.
  • Low-voltage indicator monitors the battery power level while the light is on, which will glow red when the battery power is running low.
  • Active Thermal Management: MCU detects the flashlight temperature through the internal thermal sensor in real time, and prevents overheating by reducing the output.

The X7 Marauder is currently up for pre-order at http://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/safety-and-self-defense/olight-x7-marauder and will be shipping to customers September 23rd.

TiOr4dx.jpg

giEzvDO.jpg

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Looks like a tiny beast! :)

Does it have a usb charging port or a magnetic charging dock feature, or do one have to charge the batteries externally? Does the light have a lockout mode? Does it have instant acces to turbomode and lowest mode directly from off? Is the sideswitch recessed?

ven

Flashaholic
Its a mighty fine looking light, my only quibbles are the 2 presses for turbo= good, but another 2 presses so 4 in total for turbo S............

Do appreciate the step down info you show, really good idea!!

3lm low will be real useful for low level illumination tail stood in a room.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
"Powered by four 18650 rechargeable lithium batteries of high discharging rate"

Is this to imply that high drain Olight batteries will included with the flashlight?

Budda

Enlightened
Just got a SMS from DHL. My review sample has been shipped and should arrive in a few days.

nd4w

Newly Enlightened
Just got my X7 a couple days ago. Not getting the output I expected. I am using 18650's that I use in other high discharge lights. Got 4 different ones ordered from Going Gear, since Olight won't answer my phone call or messages from their web site.Mike

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it safe to use unprotected cells in this light? Does it have overdischarge protection?

Olightworld

Enlightened
I apologize for that happening. We always answer [email protected] emails and answer 770-627-4714 during hours. Have you tried using the recommended Olight batteries for the light and made sure they are completely charged?

Just got my X7 a couple days ago. Not getting the output I expected. I am using 18650's that I use in other high discharge lights. Got 4 different ones ordered from Going Gear, since Olight won't answer my phone call or messages from their web site.Mike

Olightworld

Enlightened
Yes it does have this protection. While we do recommend protected cells, it is possible to use the ones you have as long as they are rated at 10 amps to get to 9000 lumens

Is it safe to use unprotected cells in this light? Does it have overdischarge protection?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like the X7 and X7vn are both fails.
Both are huge sellers. Both are huge successes, measured in volume/quantity, and measured in quality. Olightworld can speak here for Olight about its renowned quality. I will speak here for the renowned quality of the several Vn mod lights that I have: Vn starts with only proven quality items, then he provides a mod item that has been through additional quality checking on his part. Both Olight and Vinh stand by the items that they provide.

I enjoy posting about things that I like about lights that I like, that is why I post such content. I do not like to post about lights that I don't like, that is why I don't post about lights that I don't like. No huge loss there; other people more than amply provide such content.

I don't have the X7 yet, but it is on my "Soon" list.

Please do not miss this post that was made just before I replied:
Have you taken a look at Maukkas review. The X7 is a resounding success due to it actually being 9000 lumens. Unlike other offerings that claim this type of specification.

gritzo

Newly Enlightened
I Just got my X7 . Fit and finish is excellent .I am using this light with the SAMSUNG 30Q unprotected cells. Very impressive performance for such a small light.

My arsenal includes: Nitecore TM16GT , FENIX TK75vnQ, Thrunite k70, FENIX TK75 2900 and now OLIGHT X7 Marauder.

This is my first OLIGHT product. Needless to say... i am a fan.

Last edited:

Hail the Light

Newly Enlightened
2nd attempt at posting something

After reading so much on CPF I have decided to register, After purchasing the Olight R50 seeker i now also own the S2 and X7 amongst others. I noticed the same as other buyers that when the X7 has fresh batteries, it will enter turbo S mode a few times, then only go into turbo mode. It flashes up to Turbo S for a second then drops back.

Currently running it on Panasonic 18650GA's protected, waiting for Samsung 30Q unprotected button tops to arrive from banggood to test again.

I don't think it's the torches fault it can't sustain the 9000 lumens, it has the ability, just the batteries out at the moment can't keep up with it.

I have a quick question about the parasitic drain on the X7, I couldn't find details on it, there was a review of the nitecore TM16GT, where the member mentioned the lock out mode drained the batteries much faster than just leaving it in standby mode ( difference of roughly 7.2 months to 4.5 years ) Does the X7 also consume more power in lockout mode??

If you read about the limits of flashlight technology on these forums and compare it to other lights, the X7 is really a great all round light. I don't hunt, fish, or even walk the dog, just can't stop buying :)

I will post updates when the 30Q's arrive, it's still a great light with the 3-5500 lumens. It gets very hot after a few minutes on turbo, so i normally only use it on mid to high. Even at 5500 turbo its brighter for longer than my other torches. I'm very happy with it.

maukka

Enlightened
I have a quick question about the parasitic drain on the X7, I couldn't find details on it, there was a review of the nitecore TM16GT, where the member mentioned the lock out mode drained the batteries much faster than just leaving it in standby mode ( difference of roughly 7.2 months to 4.5 years ) Does the X7 also consume more power in lockout mode??

It's 5 microamps across two cells whether in lockout mode or not so very negligible.

Hail the Light

Newly Enlightened
It's 5 microamps across two cells whether in lockout mode or not so very negligible.

Thanks Maukka that's great news.

It's interesting I run it on the EVVA 18650GA tested by HKJ where it was mentioned they were 10A continuous, but it still doesn't like turbo S