Dereelight XSvn spec 1 or ?

see level

Enlightened
I'm looking for the best light to penetrate through the ocean mist or salt spray. It could be considered the same as fog. Sometimes thick and sometimes not too thick. My questions are (1) Do you guys think that the Dereelight XSvn would be best for that? (2) Would it be better than K40Svn? (3) Does anyone have one or both of these lights and have used them to see through thick ocean mist or thick fog.? And one more unrelated question. Should I use sony vtc5 or the LG button top ( both off skylumen.com) for my MM15MBvn? I have had it for 2 weeks and cant use it yet because I dont have any batteries. Thanks for any help.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The xsvn has on or off, or multiple levels with driver vn2. while the k40svn has multiple levels. I used the xsvn in the fog when I first got it (over a lake with slight drizzle and approximately 1000 feet away someone would turn their porch light on and off every time I shined it in their direction. Then I used the m43vn which came on in turbo mode and I blinded myself because it lit up the fog making it actually useless in those conditions. It was actually very useful in the lowest modes, but the fog reflected every bit of moisture.

the lg will last longer but from what I've read the Sony will squeeze some extra lumens out of the xsvn for you.

i have spec 4. it's the sbt70 round die

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the factory link for the Dereelight it says that you can't achieve max power with only one 18650. Does Vinh mod the light so that it only runs on one battery? And does he mod it so that you only need one battery to max it's potential?

MC408

Enlightened
Any opinions on the xsearchervn? I wasn't around when it was first released, but seemed like some excitement when it launched and then not much. I mean not looking for a OG-R type of K60vn endorsement, but give me a reason to buy it! Lol

see level

Enlightened
Any opinions on the xsearchervn? I wasn't around when it was first released, but seemed like some excitement when it launched and then not much. I mean not looking for a OG-R type of K60vn endorsement, but give me a reason to buy it! Lol
Well, spec 1 is what I have. The beam is lake a laser. I like to use binoculars with it.

MC408

Enlightened

Well. Vinh put it on his sale. So that was enough to get me to pull the trigger. Lol