Noctigon m43 Meteor BIKE MOUNT

Lakas Tama

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where i could purchase a bike mount for Noctigon m43 Meteor? I'm not good with DIY stuff, so I was hoping I could just buy one. I'm in the Philippines, but abroad locations with international shipping options are most welcome :)

plata0190

Enlightened
Probably you went into THIS already ;)
So following up that advice I ordered a pair of truss clamp and did some mods: wrapped them with Vittoria 18-23 latex inner tube, swapped its stainless steel washer with a plastic one (to avoid aluminum usury) and combined them together with a M10 allen screw (to avoid unwanted rotations) joining them by 2 layers of butyl inner tube.

PS: tried 812quick truss clamp too but imho isn't as good as 812easy is, that's way much more stiff and secure.
Got to shorten the screw and to thin the nut. Than to ultimate the work, polished both them by lapping on 220 sandpaper.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/global_truss_traversen_schellealu_4851mm.htm
https://www.thomann.de/gb/global_truss_5036outdoor_half_coupler_35mm.htm

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened
So, any pics of your setup? I just ordered some clamps, and will update with pics once they arrive.

plata0190

Enlightened
Sorry for the delay, just went now into the thread. Finally I get the job done and as promisez now I'm posting some pics.

Notes:
The white dust you can notice is typical latex's patina (natural coating findable on balloons and other lattex stuff).
I sealed inner tube's terminal by some universal transparent acetic silicone: in that way throttle screws don't hang and they're pretty ready to be tightned with just one hand - also no water seeps inside.

By now have not a MTB yet, but hope will try it soon when will order it. The clamp is overally very stiff

Keitho

Enlightened
Plata0190, that's un hermoso dispositivo de plata. Muchas gracias for the pics! My clamps arrive on Thursday, so I'll hopefully share some pics of my own shortly after. Obviously, the weight and size of this kind of light is pretty silly for almost any (human powered) bike ride, but I can't wait to try it out, just for the craziness of it!

plata0190

Enlightened
I'm glad you like my job and I recommend it! :thumbsup:
By saying "weight and dimensions are pretty silly for" do you mean its a funny lamp where tons of light issued by a tiny form factor body? Of couse its a very cute and well manufactured lamp, with a lot of power to brag with your friends: "mine is bigger than your!" :naughty:

BTW jokes aside, M43 puts out 7900lm for first 2 mins, afterthat it stabilizes at 1700lm that's more than enough for a trail or a mountain bike ride. Do you own one? Good look with your job and waiting for your pics!

Keitho

Enlightened
I'm glad you like my job and I recommend it! :thumbsup:
By saying "weight and dimensions are pretty silly for" do you mean its a funny lamp where tons of light issued by a tiny form factor body? Of couse its a very cute and well manufactured lamp, with a lot of power to brag with your friends: "mine is bigger than your!" :naughty:

Yes, own one, 2nd on the way. "Silly" means exactly what you said--great for bragging rights, great looking light, but efficiency that isn't really appropriate for a weight-conscious cyclist. For example, for the same weight as my M43 with a burly mount, I could instead bring four single-18650 Zebralights @~1300 lumens each (including two Zebralight handlebar mounts and ELEVEN cells)!

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Isn't the m43 to heavy for bicycle?
I use somtimes my klarus g30 and it is a bit to heavy. It moves and jump a lot smaller lights move much less.

I have a very simple method to mount lights to my bike
I make a rubber ring from an old inner tube of my bike and then put it like in the picture (that i will post as soon as i get back home). It's vert simple and work with alot of flashlights. For bigger ones i just use more than 1 rubber band

Keitho

Enlightened
Oh yeah, the M43 is way too heavy for Enduro riding, and way too heavy for most cyclists who love to brag anout equipment weight. But that big bracket is balanced and secured well enough for after work cross country MTB rides when I want my friends to be jealous, and I want to giggle just a little when the sun goes down...

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the flashlight " too heavy " ?
Does it bounce around too much or does it effect the handling of the bike ?
I mounted a Nitecore TM06 on my bike with some RAM components. My set up works good.

Keitho

Enlightened
How is the flashlight " too heavy " ?
Does it bounce around too much or does it effect the handling of the bike ?
I mounted a Nitecore TM06 on my bike with some RAM components. My set up works good.
I'd just be worried about it being secure on big hits. It would have to weigh a few more pounds before it would be noticeable for handling.