Tiara A1 V2 Pro indicator ON/OFF, tactical mode, Temp warning issues

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been trying to set the indicator light to ON when the light is off so I can find where it is at night.

I use AA alkalines (meant to be one of my survival headlights). The usual instructions are to open the tail cap 1/4. Press the switch button and while pressing down tighten the tailcap closed then open again, release switch button, tighten tailcap.

Same steps demonstrated for the Wizard Pro V2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZujelW3s0A

Except this isn't working for my light.

Also my Tiara indicator light flickers faintly in-between the 4 second flashes (can see switches faint flicker in moonlight mode 1)

So what do you guys think? A return?

Can anyone else test using AA alkalines?

Edit: Also tried with an AA Energizer Lithium. Same thing.

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Tiara V2 Pro indicator on/off bugs?

We don't have this fonction in the "new Tiara Pro even if it is written in the manual. We don't have the tactical mode too...I received 2 Tiara Pro this week with 2 Wizard Pro V3. The Wizard has all these fonctions but not the Tiara Pro. I have the 10 modes version. Many mistakes in the "last" manual.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tiara A1 Pro v2 indicator on/off bugs?

EVERY single mode I can see in my light

1. Firefly 1
2. Firefly 2
3. Main 1
4. Main 2
5. Main 3
6. Turbo 1
7. Turbo 2
8. Strobe
9. Beacon
10. Voltage test

Tactical mode is missing
Indicator light ON (when light is off) is missing

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

There are many mistakes on their website and their manual. I have talked with the guys of Armytek on FB about the tactical mode and he has confirmed it. Yesterday, I have tried the multicolor state indicator, and nothing. I have it on my 2 Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and my 2 Wizard Pro V3 XP-L.

I have 2 Tiara C1 Pro V2, one with XP-L led and the other with the XM-L2 led. They have the same UI with the same runtime for each modes and output. I was thinking that the XP-L would be a bit more powerfull but not. Just a little variation on the led color but I have to put the 2 lights together to see this little difference.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Tiara A1 Pro v2 indicator on/off bugs?

That are the 10 modes I have too. Even if I don't have these 2 features, I am very satisfied with them. I don't use them with my Wizards.

Edit: The Armytek's representant will certainly comfirm for the color led indicator this night. I will inform you when he will.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's so weird, why would they scale back its usefulness. It makes no sense.

Also does your switch indicator light flicker (its very faint) in between the 4 sec indications? Check it out in the dark on firefly 1 mode (cover the main light) you may see it. You might need to night adapt your eyes a little. Just a curiosity.

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Tiara A1 Pro v2 indicator on/off bugs?

In the 2 firefly modes, the color led blink only 2 cycles. My Wizards are working the same way...2 blinks and no more color led after. I like it this way.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah maybe I'll post a video of it later. It's like a faint flicker in between the cycles (5 cycles for firefly mode, continuous for main+ modes.) Like it's stuttering, or ticking off in between cycles.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

Sometimes it is 2 blinks, sometimes, 3. It depand of the speed that you turn on the lights.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll post a vid of it around 11:00PM EST.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool beans. I'd be interested in learning what their thinking was to 'eliminate' the tactical and indicator light [ON] modes. ;)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Argh the flickering is too dim for my camera to pick up. So it is what it is.

Danielsan

Enlightened

Is there a possibility that the voltage checker in the prime C1 pro is not there? I tried several times to reach it, maybe i made a mistake

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there a possibility that the voltage checker in the prime C1 pro is not there? I tried several times to reach it, maybe i made a mistake

Click the switch 4X to go into the blink modes section and release the switch. You should now see a strobe or the last blink mode from last memorized. Sometimes the last blink mode memorized doesn't appear to blink at first. That's because it's actually the voltage test mode so wait for the light to signal how many volts; otherwise:

Press and hold the switch to cycle to the next sub-mode (beacon mode) and release the switch.
Press and hold the switch to cycle to the next sub-mode (voltage test) and release the switch.

Or just press and hold continuously while in the strobe set until it cycles through to the 3rd one

For AA slightly used, I get a main led indication that goes: ---------__--_--_--_--_____ indicating 1 . 4 volts and the cycle repeats

--- is the main led shining on
__ is the main led off

Hope that helps

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Was referencing the discontinued (yellow button version) Tiara A1 manual on the discontinued portion of Armyteks site,
https://www.armytek.com/data/manuals/discontinued/Tiara_PRO_manual_en.pdf

Noticed it doesn't have the tactical mode (momentary on setting) available either.

I then checked the item description again on Armytek's site for my Tiara A1 Pro High CRI 90 Limited Edition and this light specifically doesn't say "v2" (like the white and the warm versions).
https://www.armytek.com/products/flashlights/multi-flashlights/armytek-tiara-a1-pro/

So what do the Tiara Pro model names v1 and v2 stand for?

Tiara A1 -- yellow button model with no color indication = no version designation
Tiara A1 Pro -- white button model with color indication = firmware version 1 <-> v1
Tiara A1 Pro -- white button model with color indication = firmware version 2 <-> v2

Is this right? If it is, then what is the Tiara A1 Warm CRI 90 without any v designation? v1.5? :D

Armytek please confirm:

-- What the difference between the Pro v1 and Pro v2 is.
-- If the Pro v1 or v2 is in the Limited Edition Warm CRI 90 lights.
-- If the Tiara Pro's have the tactical mode (momentary activation) and the color indicator Always On settings removed.
-- If this is why gyzmo2002 above is reporting his two new Tiara C1 v2 Pro's are also missing these two settings.

Just need clarification from Armytek what's what.

What do we really have? lol

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

So after another weeks worth of use (now using lithium Keeppower 14500's) some observations:

FAIL #1
-- Left the light on turbo mode for about 8 minutes, no orange or red temperature warnings when the light became screaming hot to touch and no stepdowns. Just a happy little green indication saying the battery was fine even though the light was about 140+ degrees. Wow.

FAIL #2
-- Armytek replied via email, "Re: Tiara modes" where I described the missing State Indication Always On setting for when the light is turned off and the missing Tactical Mode setting.

Their reply:

"The mistake is in the manual. The correct information is there is no State Indication in OFF state and Firefly modes and there is no tactical mode in this model.
I am sorry for the misleading information in the previous emails."

Misleading and should be a warranty issue because ITS NOT FUNCTIONING AS ADVERTISED.

Interestingly, CPF member Kilovolt had the opposite problem of what I have in his Tiara C1 Pro V2 which was to actually turn that setting OFF. (THE SETTING THAT I WANT).

Kilovolt, "Last: is there any way to switch off the blinking LED in the switch? The manual says that the multicolor state indicator does not work in the off mode but it does."
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386007&p=4734350&viewfull=1#post4734350

Kilovolt, "Once the light is off the indicator starts blinking continuously. The only way I found to stop it is to unscrew the tailcap..."
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386007&p=4734446&viewfull=1#post4734446

That's the problem I wish I had!!!

Looking at their latest manual for the Tiara V2's.... (which appears to have a small update)
https://www.armytek.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=280

qraz4k.jpg

None of this sh*t is working.

Reading their site, Armytek sure does pay a lot of lip service as to the extraordinary capabilities of their lights, but none of this is working as advertised for the Tiara V2's I own that are conspicuously absent. Apparently I'm not the only one.

2isght0.jpg

14jw58w.jpg

I've noticed after a perusal through several threads about Armytek's flagship products there have been many reported problems for the Predator line and the Wizard Pro's AND the Doberman as well.

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?39773&p=4958753&viewfull=1#post4958753

www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?416699&p=4972195&viewfull=1#post4972195

FAIL #3

Armytek's CPF rep seems to be conveniently missing, like the modes in our lights. :D

Armytek! My Tiara V2 is BROKEN and apparently many others. :poke:

Time for a recall? :D

"Shhhhh .. we have a bad batch, let's sell them and hope nobody notices!"

We noticed....

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK so I picked up my Tiara from the bottom of the drawer where I had flung it in despair/rage and placed a fresh cell in it. I tried to switch off the blinking 'state indication' as explained above without success.

The basic problem in my view is that these people keep on making small changes (probably they call them improvements) so that there's batches and batches of lights that behave in a slightly different way. Moreover the manual is written by someone who is not involved in this 'development' activity.

Because of the time and effort put by Ledmitter_nli into this story I will look again into it within the next couple of days to see whether I can work out a solution.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

^^ No. I just think Armytek is just a n00b small flashlight company and we've unwittingly paid the privilege to be Armytek's quality control inspectors. I wouldn't mind though if I had an official logo badge and lab coat.

BTW: Warranty that SOB and make Armytek pay shipping and handling Both Ways.