WHAT WARM WHITE LED LIGHTS TO USE FOR OUR WEDDING PAPER LANTERNS?

Kwillbur33

Newly Enlightened
My wedding is coming up and I found the paper lanterns for a great price. Now I'm having trouble finding nice LED lights to put inside them to light them up during the night. We will be using them as a light source as well for 5-7 hours... any help would be great!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Warm, and bright enough to be used as a light source may be more of a challenge than you realize, on I assume a budget.

Maybe a 2D incandescent will run fairly well for 5 hours. I think 7 would be pushing it to use it as a light source, but it would still be ornamental.

Halloween is coming, and you may find some of those 3 AAA pumpkin lights. Maybe with an orange led.

Maybe a COB light like the little larry, or the lux pro 137 would work... I didn't check the run time though. They are not warm, but not terribly cool white.

Then you may look at the fenix camping lanterns that are warm white with a decent amount of light, but a bit pricey. They would make nice table prizes though.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah without some sort of string light setup it's going to be hard to get LOTS of lanterns bright enough to actually provide light for a large area without being super expensive.

I mean... if money is literally no object just buy 100 (or however many you need) Fenix CL20 lanterns and then give them away to the guests at the end of the night.

How many small lights are you looking to put inside paper lanterns? Tealights are cheap, but more for mood and not bright. Better small lanterns are not cheap but could last 5-7 hours on medium mode.