Been camping the last few weeks!

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
Good morning everyone,

Sorry for not being involved for a little bit, with working and trying to get in what time we have left to be in the woods, its been rather busy. That being said, hope you all enjoy a few of the photos I wanted to share. Also, a quick little bit about the Olight S1a.

First up, its nice when you make it far enough into the forest these sights start to become more visible.
_MG_7846.jpg

A couple looks from where we spent our first few nights (and the trail leading to it)
IMG_7682.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

This particular spot almost has a magical feeling to it. It is and will be one of our favourite spots to spend what ever free time is presented.

of course breakfast goulash is a great thing to...
IMG_7523.jpg

Now, on to what this site is really about.

First off, how many others have been working with the Olight S1a?

Ive been using mine for about a month or just over now. After first receiving it, I was and to be fair still am impressed with it. That being said, I have recently gone back to my E12 (using 14500s) The most considerable issue is with the pocket clip moving around as much as it does, when when its orientated in a manor that is familiar each time, its tends to work its self around then button location becomes an issue. Whats worse is when its needed quickly and you miss the button multiple times. It has forced me to go back to a tail clicky, just to have that consistent operation.

Anyone else with similar issues?

its a shame as its a solid and good looking like, but for me its a deal breaker.

Thanks for looking folks! hope to be around a bit more from now on.

ven

Flashaholic
WOW beautiful, how lucky to have a play ground like that:D Thanks for sharing, hope you had fun:)

Clip wise(dont have that actual light) i have had similar issues with other lights, pd35 is one where the clip will move. I added a dab of super glue to hold and positioned the clip where i wanted it to go..........that was years back and so far so good! Maybe worth a shot.

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
Thanks ven!

And I may have to go that route, its a shame as it is a solid light, ui has been great and its a handsome little light.

Now that I've thrown a 14500 in one of my other aa's its like having a new light.. so looks like its time for a new light! haha

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks ven!

And I may have to go that route, its a shame as it is a solid light, ui has been great and its a handsome little light.

Now that I've thrown a 14500 in one of my other aa's its like having a new light.. so looks like its time for a new light! haha

Its out of sight, just a blob behind clip or on the groove, clip on and be ready just in case of any excess and should be pretty solid .

One can never have too many new lights, another AA /14500 or something a little larger? The ZL mkIII xhp 35 HI looks a pretty awesome compact light............so tempted myself!

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
One can never have too many new lights, another AA /14500 or something a little larger? The ZL mkIII xhp 35 HI looks a pretty awesome compact light............so tempted myself!

After using a 14500 in my E12 i have been impressed, its like a new light..

That being said I just had to try the thrunite t10 (should be here next week), now I'm shopping again. And that ZL looks extremely appealing...

ven

Flashaholic
Like the T10 lights, the T10s in CW in work, the T10t in NW flavour at home and T10 has gone being surplus now

Clips, nitecore do a longer one and fits nice

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
Good to know!

Im actually pretty excited for this. slowly honing in on what is idea pocket carry for me, which is great. until I change my mind.. haha.

but for the price, it was foolish not to try it and see. I appears everyone likes them, or majority at least.

ven

Flashaholic
The T10 is hard to beat for the price(others are not bad either), thrunite make decent products, good quality from my experience anyway. Their CW are not too bad for a cooler temp, NW quite nice also .

so your going to have to plan another camping trip to test out:poke:

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
so your going to have to plan another camping trip to test out:poke:

This is already in the works! :devil:

We've been working with a few companies and amassing a small collection (reviews and footage to go with them) for when we do our kick off.

Right now im also looking for a rechargeable style light (klarus/thrunite style) something to replace my pd35. But its going to be an interesting winter, test these lights in some -40 conditions which is always fun.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
There is the uc35 if you want to stay with what you know, maybe jump up in girth(not in length) to a 26650 size. More output, more mah(generally 4000-5200mah)in the tank and more comfortable in hand( i find). Check out the olight r50 and acebeam ec50 II and ec60 options.................of course USB chargeable too:)