• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED. Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround! CLOSED

scout24

Flashaholic
Hi folks! I've participated in a passaround or two, but this is my first attempt at running one. That said, the language below is shamelessly copied from Mr. Mom, and is the gold standard of Passaround language. Thank you to Bykfixer for copying it for the PKDL passaround, where I also copied it from... :green:

This passaround is for two lights together: a Muyshondt Aeon Mk.III CR2 light, and a new Maus Mk I N-cell light. Enrique is being kind enough to provide these for us to check out. This is a nice opportunity to put two nice custom lights that you may not normally see through their paces. They will be mailed out to the first participant on the 24th of October. I don't have an end limit in mind yet for number of participants, let's see how it goes.

"The required fine print.....

1. You must be a registered member of CPF for at least 6 months AND have 50 posts or be a CPF supporter.

2. You must be over 18 years old to participate.

3. This pass around is restricted to CONUS. You will be expected to ship the flashlight to the next participant using a USPS flat rate priority box with tracking number.

4. Post your interest here, in this thread, and then PM me with: (You will not be put on the list until I receive your PM!)
a. Forum Name
b. Full Real Name
c. Shipping Address
d. Email Address
e. Phone Number

5. You must post a photo of the light here, in this thread, as received. (Protects you.)

6. Keep the light for several days - maximum 7 days. Please feel free to use the light in what would be considered a normal manner. But remember that you are responsible for the light and if you break or damage it beyond what could, or would be normal wear and tear, you own it and replacement WILL be expected. Do not throw the light, use it as a hammer or pry bar, or subject it to any tests that could damage it. Do Not Modify The Light In Any Way!!!

7. Before shipping the light to the next person in line, please clean it up, wipe it off and in general make sure it is in good shape. Also be sure the batteries are not dead. If you run down the batteries, please be kind enough to pass the light on with fresh batteries.

8. Pack the light back up with everything that came with it, as packed by the manufacture for retail sale. PM the next person in line for their mailing address, include scout24 in the PM with shipping details and tracking number, and ship it out via USPS priority flat rate. The last person will return the products to scout24.

9. Post here in this thread once the package has been shipped - PM the tracking number to scout24.

10. Remember - once the light is in your possession, it is your responsibility until it leaves your possession. It is also your responsibility to make sure it makes it to the next person in the pass around in a timely manner. I've seen how you guys can eviscerate each other around here for not holding up your ends of bargains - don't be THAT guy that we read about in the Jeers thread!

11. And last, but certainly not least, please take a moment to take some photos and make some comments, reviews and improvement suggestions here in this thread regarding your experiences, impressions and opinions of the light. Good, Bad, Ugly... doesn't matter. We want YOUR feedback!

Are you a budding reviewer? Post your first one here!

We reserve the right to determine who can or cannot participate on a case by case basis. Those which do not follow the posted rules will be BANNED from all future passarounds.

To post photos so that they will appear directly on the page, not as clickable links, upload them to your free photo bucket account. From photo bucket, copy the URL titled "Direct link", there are four to chose from. On the CPF thread click on the picture icon "Insert Image" then paste the photo bucket URL which you copied.

Members with a CPF supporter subscription don't have to jump through all the URL hoops to post a photo. Your CPF supporter membership includes direct image upload permissions."

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Muyshondt Aeon and Maus passaround!

Reserved for participant list-

1. Mk2rocco
2. Run4jc
3. Str8stroke
4. Luxlunatic
5. Renegadethreads
6. Robe
7. K2-bk-bl-rd
8. Emarkd
9. Eraursls1984
10. The0dore3524
11. Mobileschoney
12. Nicrod

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

They've landed... :)

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've yet to participate in a passaround, after 10 years here, its time to try!
Put me on the list.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those look awesome. What I find neat about this Passaround is I have never tried a Muyshondt, and never tried a CR2 or a N cell light. So this should be neat to check out. Thanks Scout.

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround!

Lux- List updated. Str8stroke- I'd never used an N cell light, either. Makes some of my AAA lights look big. It's like a shrunken version of the "old" Aeon. With much better tint and beam quality. The 219 in there has the absolute cleanest, most neutral tint (or lack of tint) that I've come across. Same with the Aeon MkIII. I said it in the Aeon sales thread, every other light I have has a tint coloration when compared to this emitter. They're not flamethrowers, but they're pretty cool. :D

nbp

Flashaholic

Those look awesome. What I find neat about this Passaround is I have never tried a Muyshondt, and never tried a CR2 or a N cell light. So this should be neat to check out. Thanks Scout.

Oh you're toast my friend; get ready to open your wallet. Haha. Enrique's lights are top notch. 🙂

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

While I am not part of this passaround, I would like to share a small part of my experience with the Maus. I recently picked up an Aluminum Maus Mk I on the exchange. This light is tiny and well made. Small, yet robust - at least in the sense that it feels substantial in hand. Machining and finish are well done, the threads are smooth, and the tint is a lovely neutral. I was worried that the high mode would be too big of a jump from low, though in practice and use have found that is not the case at all.

Thought you all might be interested in some runtimes, for the two mode versions at least. These were conducted with a 500mAh NiHM N-Cell rechargeable battery (NT50NH). I picked it up along with an N to AA battery adapter from Chris (TnC/ogazent) through his website. Starting voltage for both tests was 1.44v, while ending voltage for both tests was 1.22v.

High Mode: ~38-45min
Brightness began dimming around the 38 minute mark and dropped to just a few lumens by 45 minutes, where the test was stopped.

Low Mode: 36.5 - 37.5hrs
I was awake to verify reaching the 36.5hrs mark but fell asleep during the next hour. When I awoke darkness was all that was left.

I wish I had data logging capabilities or better means of runtime measuring. Still, I hope this helps some know how much runtime a rechargeable N-Cell battery can provide. :)

Both lights are excellent carry choices and I don't think I have been a fan of another brand as much as I have with Muyshondt!

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Thanks for posting the runtime info. It's good to see these are so efficient, given the small cell size. Thanks for including the info on where to get the NIMH cells and adapters, too!

scout24

Flashaholic

The passaround will kick off this coming Monday, with shipping to Mk2rocco. Still time to get on the list!

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround!

Small update/follow up: It would appear that there are some variances in size from rechargeable battery to rechargeable battery. I picked up a second Maus (Beat Blast Ti) and moved the battery over from my Aluminum Maus with no issue. I had picked up some extra rechargeable N-Cell batteries. I repeated the steps in removing the white sticker on the first new battery and it would not slide in fully. It would slide in to the lip of the battery and that was it. I then tried another and with some spinning (inserting and rotating the battery) the battery seated mostly all the way in. I nudged it in the rest of the way and then checked to see that it would come out using the same way I had removed the first battery successfully. So I ran that for a bit with the head on, then decided to remove it so I could fully charge it but came to find that it is stuck for the moment. I am guessing I will need to pick up some loctite and dab the positive nub of the battery, bonding it to another item, so that I may yank it out.

Mine was a small sample size when I first posted about these rechargeable batteries. I apologize if I have left others in a similar "stuck" situation with my rechargeable battery recommendation. :(