Zebralight H603w problem

Yoghurt

Newly Enlightened
I have just bought the Zebralight H603w. When on the highest setting I only get a short flash then it turns off and I have to remove the battery and put it back in to be able to turn it on again.
I use EagleTac 18650 battery. What I can see from the spec this battery should work? If not, which battery should I buy?

thslw8jg

Enlightened
Have you tried another battery, preferably an unprotected cell to rule out the ET 18650?
ZL recommends an unprotected NCR18650GA in their latest models, I personally use the Panasonic GA and the Samsung 30q in my ZL's.

I'm about to buy the same light, H603w, not a C or D because those have an artifact from the four die led, but I'm still scared my 603w will have a problem? Did you resolve this?

Anyone else have any problems with their H603w or hear of any?

drummer132132

Enlightened
I'm about to buy the same light, H603w, not a C or D because those have an artifact from the four die led, but I'm still scared my 603w will have a problem? Did you resolve this?

Anyone else have any problems with their H603w or hear of any?

I bought one of the first batches of the 603w and it did have an "artifact" aka looked like a small hotspot. They changed the bezel(?) to a different color/finish with later batches to remove the mentioned artifact/hotspot. To fix mine I just sharpie'd the bezel black which removed it. Very happy with it.

Yikes! I hope I don't end up with an old version, especially if I buy from a retailer like Andrew & Amanda...

I do not want to apply sharpie. That kind of messes up the feeling. "Its awesome!!! [but...I had to...]" is so much less cool than "Its awesome!!!" lol. For 89$ or that ballpark I don't want that former feeling, you know? And whats all this about high mode flickering or turning off after 10 minutes and having to re-screw on the battery cap to return it to function... this stuff is messing with my head :(

drummer132132

Enlightened
Yikes! I hope I don't end up with an old version, especially if I buy from a retailer like Andrew & Amanda...

I do not want to apply sharpie. That kind of messes up the feeling. "Its awesome!!! [but...I had to...]" is so much less cool than "Its awesome!!!" lol. For 89$ or that ballpark I don't want that former feeling, you know? And whats all this about high mode flickering or turning off after 10 minutes and having to re-screw on the battery cap to return it to function... this stuff is messing with my head :(

I've had no problems with mine at all. To be safe can always order directly from zebralight. I've only ordered through them and have had no problems with performance. The h603w was the only light that had the minor issue. Everything else has been fine and I have 7 lights from them.

Just bought an H603w from Andrew & Amanda. Made a reasonable offer with a battery and accepted! Should be here in a week or less. Thanks for input.