Opinions Needed on Next Knife: BM 300-1 or Spyderco Military

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
As the title states I'm having issues deciding which knife to pick up next. Here's why--I owned a Spyderco Military years ago in VG10 and absolutely loved it. However, as flippers became popular I found myself liking them quite a bit. To be honest, I'm just recently a Benchmade owner. I bought a 940 because the blade shape, size, and weight were very appealing and I carry that knife everyday. But I also carried my Military everyday so I am by no means against carrying a large knife.

The 940 impressed me enough that I bought a HK Axis and surpisingly that D1 steel has impressed me more than the 940's S30. If I went with a new Military it would definitely be the upgraded steel and blue handle.

I started out as a Spyderco fan buying a Native 1st gen from Walmart for $40...S30 steel for $40! My how times have changed. Then came the Ladybug and Military. Along the way I picked up numerous other knives--handmade sushi knives in Japan, 1st gen Cold Steel Voyagers, Ontario Rat 2s and Pardue Tantos.

I know what the real answer to my question is--buy both. But which one first? I get the impression that the newest Military with upgraded steel and blue handle is somewhat limited whereas the BM 300-1 is going to be around a while....

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
Well, a local shop had a BM 300-1 with a blue handle but not a Military. So, I went with the 300-1. I like it! Extremely sharp and comfortable.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
have the 300 pro edged like I had mine done. The stubby thick blade quickly becomes a near unstoppable slicer well worth the cost of having a pro edging done... WIN_20161208_14_43_58_Pro.jpg

Last edited: