Will Surefire ever give us a "Clickie Titan?"

Triburst1

Newly Enlightened
The size, quality and performance of the Titan Plus are fantastic but the twist switch is a deal breaker for me. I won't carry a light that requires two hands to use efficiently.

I'd love the same light with a clickie tailcap to replace my Streamlight Microstreams. A switch similar to the G2X Pro would be perfect. Press softly for 15 lumens momentary, full click for constant. Two presses or clicks for 300 lumens. I would buy three for myself immediately. I can't imagine that there aren't plenty of others who'd gobble up a light in this configuration as well.

Any chance this will ever happen?

Last edited:

jodoma

Newly Enlightened

I've been wanting this since the original titan aaa came out. I would love a 1 and 2 aaa clicks option to use as a backup/shirt pocket light. As far as it actually happening, I won't hold my breath. They will probably show a prototype at SHOT show that is never seen again.

peahi

Newly Enlightened
Re: Will Surefire ever give us a "Clickie Titan?"

Yeah, I like my Titan Plus, but the twisty switch causes me to leave it at home. Surefire Bring us new single cell clickies please. Make them and I will buy a bunch. BTW, I really like the iphone case...superb. Not really too interested in the fire pack. I will look more carefully at it. I would like to see an E1L outdoorsman II, CR123, and AA.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting: I have no issues with the Titan being a twisty. I can easily worked them one handed. I palm the keys, it is very easy. I am curious if you have ever tried one? More specifically, I should say, have you tried a Clicky AAA vs Twisty AAA on your keyring for a few days??

I prefer a twisty for keychain duty. Takes up less space, no button to get all nasty with pocket lint, less parts to wear out, and lastly it is silent. The click action on the Tool is way loud. lol Plus when you have a keychain hooked to the clicky (Think Tool) it is kinda goofy to press the button sometimes cause the keyring is in the way.
Having said that, it would still be kinda cool to have the Option of a clicky. FWIW: I am using the Tool as a example only. I like the light.

Now, what would really be nice for the Titan is to have a led Tint options. I would snap up a Warm Tint Titan in a heart beat.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
+1 on a forward clicky on any of their AAA Titans; I'd buy one today if they offered that.

I carried the torch on this with Sean's original (CR123) Titan T1A thread; at one point a forum builder/modder started an interest list proposing a run of a new tailcap design, but interestingly enough there was more interest in a simple tailstanding tailcap than a clicky tailcap. So might be in the minority here unfortunately. :thinking:

Triburst1

Newly Enlightened
A year and a half later and I'm still thinking about this. If Surefire made a dual mode clickie Titan, I'd buy three of them TODAY.

Triburst1

Newly Enlightened
Recently picked up a Sidekick. The beam is typical smooth Surefire perfection and the three light mode levels are perfect for a small EDC light. 5 lumens for reading or locating a key hole, 60 for general purpose/navigating in the dark and 300 for emergencies/impressing friends who use their phone for a flashlight.:D

The only problem is the form factor. It's a great light but it's a bulky little chunk in the pocket, especially when connected to my car key fob. A slim, cylindrical AAA light is SO much better for pocket carry. The Titan Plus carries like a dream clipped into the corner of a pants pocket but twisty switches suck.

I've been using the AAA Streamlights for small pocket carry, first the Microstream then the PT1AAA, but they are nowhere near Surefire quality. Not as bright, the beam isn't as smooth, the finish wears quickly and the switches can be glitchy. Don't get me wrong, the Streamlights are great for a $20-$30 light.

Please, please, PLEASE Surefire, give us a Clickie Titan Plus!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Very tough to find, but you want a UniVex AAA

I have been carrying one for a while now, and it has mostly displaced my Peak Eiger for EDC

I still prefer the Peaks (Eiger, Logan) for travel though ....

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the twistie for my keychain light. Still carrying my old Fenix lo0dce-q4. Going to swap out with something I just picked up on amazon as a trial... but I do like the titan. Refresh my memory it's two mode lo-hi in that order right?

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened

It seems to me a clicky light that is designed to be attached to keys and floating in my pocket would be at risk for being accidentally clicked on all the time. I'm guessng Surefire knows that too.
Even pocket clipped some of my bigger "clicky" lights get turned on.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Very tough to find, but you want a UniVex AAA

I have been carrying one for a while now ....

It seems to me a clicky light that is designed to be attached to keys and floating in my pocket would be at risk for being accidentally clicked on all the time ....

Perhaps surprisingly, this rarely occurs with the UniVex switch, in my experience.

boo5ted

Enlightened

Love the Titan Plus I currently carry, would love it better if was a clicky. Could care less about keychain carry because it's always in my pocket and don't care much for twisties.