Nitecore introduces its next L-series light, the LR30

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was looking at the Nitecore store tonight and found the new LR30 lantern Nitecore announced today.

http://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-LR30-LED-Camping-Lantern-p/fl-nite-lr30.htm

Looks interesting. I like the multiple light levels, the red blinking light and the fact that it is 90+ CRI. I'm going to wait till I see some reviews, but right now I think I would rather buy this light than the Tip CRI that I was planning on getting. It is only $5 more.

narmattaru

Enlightened
yes, good stuff.
reasonable size and characteristics. and price, as it seems to be, comparing to rivals )
hope someone will issue 26650 light. it`ll be slightly bigger, but runtime will be insane for this size.

ven

Flashaholic
Nice find Timothy, this may replace my (pinched by daughter) cl20:) I like the 18650 fed too, looks to have some useful modes, decent 85lm for over 8hrs. Even the 12lm for 62hrs would be enough for lighting around with night adapted eyes.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks handy. Like the High CRI and Red. I could use one.
Interesting run time chart too.
"Red light consumes only a fraction of the power by comparison, effectively extending runtime"
White: 8hrs 30min @ 85 lumens
Red: 8hrs @ 45 lumens
:poke:

Chaitanya

Banned
Nitecore has it on its website now:
http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/lr30

LR30_EN_01.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
It definitely looks like winner!
The price point is also right on target. Much better than the fenix lanterns when they first came out.

Next year my grandson, might have to CARRY his camping gear in a backpack, and if so... this is likely to be in his sack. A small lightweight high CRI 18650 lantern that doesn't have crazy outputs in lumens, but more reasonable lantern outputs, so as not to be too glarey.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this light uses the same emitter as the LA10 CRI it is very cool just so everyone knows. My LA10 CRI is 5000K at least if not cooler. Too cool for a camping lantern imo.

Last edited: