XHP70 refector with narrow beam

DimitrisV

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone

I 'm looking for a reflector with narrow beam for XHP70.
Any suggestion ? I don;t care about the external diameter.

Are the SST-90 or SST-50 reflector compatible with XHP70 emitters ?

Thanks in Advance
Dimitris

DimitrisV

Newly Enlightened
Hi Lucca

The fact that SST-90 reflector are compatible with XHP70 emitter is good news.
Both reflectors from kaidomain and one I found in DX does not specify the beam :(

Thanks
Dimitris

DimitrisV

Newly Enlightened
For such big emitter as XHP70 is , you need in any way big diameter reflector.

If parabola is deep ( ratio diameter : depth = 1:1 ) as suggested you will get more narrow lighter and less pronounced corona.

Your parabola is shallower ( ratio diameter : depth = 1: 0,75-0,50 ) you will get bright spot with wider and pronounced uniformly lit corona ( what is IMO better )

But from other side your LED emitter is huge ; because of that spot will be still wide ( it is ok for surface outdoor use and on long distances 50m-200m+ ) but in water I think you will be completely blind ( in murky for sure )

in clear water in short distances too because eye will be difficult to adapt to the two extreme positions darkness and blinding with hotspot and in any way you get not more then (useful ) 30m for lighting .

Because of that fact is such (big) emitter much more reasonable drive as a video light with uniform illumination and using smaller weaker die for driving light for signaling and observing (IMO ) of course you can dim LED

but in any way you get wide concentrated beam . ( special because you have 4 separated die inside dome ) .

Key to get nice beam is ratio between size of die ( smaller is better -(a point light source) ) and surface brightens (lighter is better ) ; that's why people overdrive small dies

Just thought or two ..... there a few possibilities for tight powerful beam :

- recoil led

- back reflected led (version of recoil ) ; there are some light losses because of light path

- multiple aspherical lenses, close enough together to get focused on tight spot, to get cross-section beams as tight powerful beam