Foursevens Mini Mark II

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure a lot of you got this email today:

[h=1]The MINI Mark II[/h][h=3]Radically Small. Simply Brilliant.[/h]Seven years ago, FOURSEVENS revolutionized the EDC (Every-Day-Carry) world with the MINI 123 flashlight. Now we are preparing to deliver the smallest, brightest, most feature packed CR123A MINI ever.
Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery, enhanced Mil-Spec electronics and advanced optics, the Mini Mark II RAISES THE BAR OF EDC LIGHTS with a never before achieved 1000 lumens as well as a true current-regulated sub-one lumen moonlight mode with a 19 DAY runtime!
We've never been able to package this much output in a single CR123A flashlight this small.
Aerospace grade electronics inside helped us make the smallest EDC light ever. And the new features don't just stop with the inside of the light.

eceff719-08ca-44b1-a4de-1cfff4ea345c.jpg

The Mini Mark II includes a 2-way pocket clip, detachable key ring option, and multi-configurable modes so you can customize your MINI specifically to your needs.
We'll be releasing more specific info closer to release date (expecting Early to Mid November), so keep an eye on your inbox for how to order the MINI Mark II.

Looks interesting. TIR lens out front instead of traditional reflector? Presumably a high-current RCR123, maybe an IMR. Guesses about the emitter? Looks like they are going after the Olight S1 Mini market.

For a few years, Foursevens made some really exciting, industry-changing lights. They have not been on the cutting edge in a few years (in my opinion), but I would be very happy to see them back there once again.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I"ve been rooting for 4sevens for years... but it's been more moral support than financial, because something or other in every light they came out with turned me off, and I haven't bought from them in years. If the light lives up to specs, and doesn't have problems such as the mode-skipping etc. seen on early Minis, I think this will be my first 4sevens purchase in a loooong time!

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto with what Joe said. This light does have my attention and could be the first 4sevens light in years. If 4sevens is careful on sourcing good emitters for both cool and neutral tint this could be a hit.

I always liked lights that have a simple knurled design and that are made as small as possible relative to their battery - no wasted space. Top it off with super efficient electronics, decent modes, and good emitter and you have a winner.

Last edited:

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
... If 4sevens is careful on sourcing good emitters for both cool and neutral tint this could be a hit....

Ouch--that's a sore point. For reasons best known to them, 4/7s has never been a big supporter of neutral tints or high-CRI lights. They always seemed to go for cools whites and maximum lumens, tint be damned.

I hope they have changed their ways on that score, too! I'd take 800 lumens--even 500 lumens--of really quality tint and CRI over 1000 lumens of angry bluish white.

Even better if they give us an option.

(I should say that their Atom 0 Titanium has one of the nicest Nichias in my collection--that time, they really nailed the tint and CRI).

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch--that's a sore point. For reasons best known to them, 4/7s has never been a big supporter of neutral tints or high-CRI lights. They always seemed to go for cools whites and maximum lumens, tint be damned.

I hope they have changed their ways on that score, too! I'd take 800 lumens--even 500 lumens--of really quality tint and CRI over 1000 lumens of angry bluish white.

Even better if they give us an option.

(I should say that their Atom 0 Titanium has one of the nicest Nichias in my collection--that time, they really nailed the tint and CRI).

For me, I would be ok with a cool white for this light so long as it is pure white. I have found decent cri with good cool white LEDs. I can't stand any tint shift towards green in either cool or neutral.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one! 4sevens Mini's are one of my favorite types - I believe I've currently got 6 or 7 of them including one in Titanium. Awesome lights and interface.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
SNIP <
For a few years, Foursevens made some really exciting, industry-changing lights. They have not been on the cutting edge in a few years (in my opinion), but I would be very happy to see them back there once again.
Yeah I think that had something to do with Surefire suing him - reminds me of Apple wanting to patent 'rounded corners' on cell phones - too ridiculous and actually just about wanting to kill the competition.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I'm really looking forward to this light. I don't care for the Bluetooth lights so the newer ones don't interest me. I hope it takes none proprietary batteries too.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ad said CR123 batteries so not proprietary although most of 4 sevens lights seem to say to use only a CR123 and not RCR123 I use the RCR123 in most of them with no problem as long as you don't put it on high for too long. If this light can do 1000 lumens on a CR123 imagine what it will do on RCR123 (assuming it doesn't fry it). :faint:

Edit: Just read the facebook page on it and he says it works for both CR123 and RCR123 fully regulated for both. It mentioned using a 10C battery so yes it probably would be best to use an IMR type that can withstand high discharge rates if using the rechargeable RCR123 batteries.

Last edited:

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ad said CR123 batteries so not proprietary....

Here's the part of the email that made me think they'll be shipping with a special battery:

"Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery,"

I'm guessing that it will not hit 1000 lumens without the "custom designed" battery. With an off-the-shelf DL123 it will work, and put out decent levels, but not 1000 lumens.

All guess-work for now--I'm looking forward to seeing details!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny how the Olight S Mini is shorter than this light despite this being a twisty.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the part of the email that made me think they'll be shipping with a special battery:

"Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery,"

I'm guessing that it will not hit 1000 lumens without the "custom designed" battery. With an off-the-shelf DL123 it will work, and put out decent levels, but not 1000 lumens.

All guess-work for now--I'm looking forward to seeing details!

I missed that part although it also says it can use regular CR123 and RCR123. I'm guessing it's probably an IMR in disguise ;)

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...from the email:

"Designed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery..."

and from a response on their FB page:

"Full regulation on both. 1000 lumens from our 10c Li-ion rcr123a" battery. (Emphasis mine in both cases)

Very early, but does anybody else see "proprietary battery" here to reach that output, or is it just me?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
[The Olight S Mini] is likely shorter because it uses an Optic instead of a reflector.

I dunno--looks to me like the new 4/7s Mini Mk II is going to use some sort of TIR optic as well:

cc671fa0-30b8-4bf3-ae3e-7249c26ac8d8.jpg

The proportions of the light look the same as the old reflectored Mk I Mini, but perhaps they had to pack in more electronics?