New SureFire Maximus 1000 lumens!

GODOFWAR

Banned
Check this out, The new SureFire Maximus 1000 lumens headlamp rechargable

6ac4fe9a0935cebe7e4f26a021621fde.jpg

http://www.surefire.com/illuminatio..._content=november-2016&cmp=1&utm_medium=email

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
CG $275 wow, be it on the owners head:p Does look very good though with infinite control, like a lot!

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been waiting for this light but for $275 it has to have:

1) warm tint and 2) looks like it has proprietary charging so not sure how that will work in the field, likely cannot swap batteries.
Also looks like is 12 volts so probably IF is possible to replace battery in the field, battery has to come from Surefire, unless it uses a regular Li rechargeable type 3.7 volts that get boosted to 12 volts.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice but yeah, $275US is pretty ridiculous when you have lights with more features, better emitters, much more output, better water resistance, better runtime/efficiency, real time thermal management, lighter weight, etc. for $95US or less. For that price, I will take a Zebralight H600 Series or Armytek Wizard Series over this any day of the week. YMMV of course. Now, if they greatly lowered the price to be more competitive I might try it but, only if it were available in neutral white.

Last edited:

cuester

Newly Enlightened
I've used the 500 lumen one at night for SAR/ rescue work and it's lasted the night which is all I've cared about. It has actually done at least two nights but I'm not using it at full brightness. I was pseudo concerned at first about the non swappable batteries but it hasn't let me down yet and I'm not going on multi day excursions.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been waiting for this light but for $275 it has to have:

1) warm tint and 2) looks like it has proprietary charging so not sure how that will work in the field, likely cannot swap batteries.
Also looks like is 12 volts so probably IF is possible to replace battery in the field, battery has to come from Surefire, unless it uses a regular Li rechargeable type 3.7 volts that get boosted to 12 volts.

The battery is definitely able to be swapped in the field because it says it comes with a wall(AC) and car(DC) charger. Not sure if the battery is proprietary or just a normal 18650 though.

ToddM

Enlightened
$275 is pretty spendy, I do like the idea of being able to dial up whatever light output you want. I wish they gave intermediate runtimes, because the highest/lowest don't tell you much with Surefire. For example the maximus is 1000 lumens for 1 hour, but they are rating it as the time it takes to drop to 50 lumens. So in the hour time rating it drops from 1000 lumens to 50 lumens, and it runs 1 lumen for 70 hours. That's not really very useful info for me to decide on a light. I'd much rather know how long it can maintain intermediate levels. Tell me it's runtime at 1000, 500, 50, 10, 1 lumens. To me dropping from 1000 to 50 lumens in under an hour doesn't encourage me to buy it, but if it held 500 lumens for say 2.5 hours, or 200 lumens for 10 hours, that's a different story.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya Surefire has this fixation with making their lights run one hour at full blast. I bet one day they will make a light with 10,000 lumens for one hour instead of say 8000 lumens for two hours. You get what I am saying.
Maybe looking another way this is their way saying hey we can make cutting edge stuff by pushing it to the limit for one hour.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

Features

• Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
  • One-hand output adjustment from 1 to 1,000 lumens
  • Precision reflector produces a wide, smooth beam optimized for your field of vision
  • Light assembly rotates up and down 90 degrees
  • Built-in SOS beacon can run for days on end
  • Tough, lightweight magnesium body with durable black finish
  • IPX4 Water Resistant
  • Built-in fuel gauge indicates battery charge level
  • Comfortable no-chafe headband with moisture-wicking Breath-O-Prene® forehead pad
  • Includes long-life lithium-ion rechargeable battery with wall (AC) and car (DC) chargers

IPX4? Only IPX4? 275 bucks for an IPX4 headlamp. If so it wouldn't survive a week with me. Must be a typo or I am missing something.

Last edited:

sixshooter_45

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just ordered one and paid 199.00 for it including shipping. I know it's expensive but the quality will be excellent. And I'll be able to charge it no matter what with my newly ordered Serpa 100 and Nomad 20 kit with the ac inverter from Goal Zero.

I like the fact that it can be rotated a full 90° up or down, has an SOS mode, precision reflector produces a wide diffused smooth beam, has a built-in fuel gauge indicates battery charge level, IPX4 water resistant, (not great but better than nothing), has a comfortable no-chafe headband with moisture wicking breath-O-Prene, includes long-life lithium-ion rechargeable battery with both the wall (AC) and car (DC) chargers, and can be dialed anywhere from 1 to 1,000 lumens all wrapped in a magnesium body. :devil:

There seems to be big slot one end where the battery can possibly be removed.

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just unboxed mine...very impressed. Low is lower than my new Minimus and high...well :D The beam is excellent (which I was not expecting)

Build quality is excellent as usual.....

More later......