Zebralight C3 4x18650, 9000 lumens!

TCY

Enlightened
Zebralight C series monster light

Zebralight added this maybe less than 2 mins ago.

What I can see on their spreadsheet now:

Zebralight C3
4X18650
3*XHP70
9000 lumens
Beam type is spill+flood, so traditional reflector and clear lens
ZL's notes:"another ground breaking design from ZebraLight. extremely compact and light weight."

I think I'm good with a 219b M43 but lets see what ZL can do. Finally a S6330 successor:popcorn:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just when I thought ZL was hitting a plateau, they keep on hitting hard and breaking new ground! Can't wait to see this one.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you getting this via email?
Because, I usually get their emails, but I have not received anything about this, or about the Eco series.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark is a huge Zebra addict, he probably glances over the Zebralight google spread sheet once a day.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I see-- you are getting it from the Google-docs Product Comparison Spreadsheet.

Huh--I want pictures!

Also: wouldn't it be cool if they made a new light in the 4xAA format, with kind of a rounded-square battery tube?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Zebralight C series monster light

I don't currently see it as ground breaking after the Meteor, the Manker, and the Marauder X7. It will be great if they surprise me. Either way I'm likely to buy it just for the Zebralight UI and driver, but I'm hoping they have some surprises because I think they are playing catch-up now in this domain. They were breaking ground with the S6330, but let it drop and the TM series picked out where it left off.

TCY

Enlightened
Re: Zebralight C series monster light

I kinda have the feeling that they are just coping X7's specs and they don't have their own yet. Dunno, maybe 12000 lumens of neutral white light?

Connor

Enlightened
Note how there are two empty lines in the ZL spreadsheet below the C3 in the "C Series Compact Multi-battery Flashlight" group. :clap::clap:

High CRI C3!

low

Enlightened
I get e-mails from them about 2 weeks after markr5 or someone posts it. Really no reason for their snail-mails.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Interesting... glad to finally hear about something new from ZL...

Maybe this will replace my de-domed MX25L3 MT-G2 for yard duty? Although I do prefer the ET UI for that particular purpose (instant toggle between med & turbo). And the 3x18650 form factor sure is nice... but we will see.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
No pics, yet. Probably 2.5 inch popcan flooder. Let's see what Vinh can do with this one. The field of 3 x XHP70 popcan flooders keeps expanding! :)

Maybe this one has larger head/reflector well diameter for more throw?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though it was almost impossible to find more info about this light, I found some at Taschenlampforum. What they say about this light is very interesting! They say, " scheint laut deren eine 4x18650er Lampe zu planen mit aut zienen vie unterland un venge sul vierno beitel auchen".

Now, since I am completely illiterate when it comes to German, I don't understand that at all. But it's probably good news, right?

Last edited:

beliving

Newly Enlightened
I like the ZebraLight UI, mostly. The only thing I would prefer is to single click to medium and double click to full brightness. The current way of double clicking to medium makes the light flash on bright before going to medium. In addition, double clicking for bright feels more intuitive for me. For a flashlight with 9000 lumens, I think that the bright flash from double clicking to medium would be even more drastic. Now, I no longer double click to medium, and instead double-time long press to cycle from low to medium. While it takes more time to access the medium setting, at least it avoids the bright flash.

I wonder if the C3 will have exactly the same UI, or perhaps something a little more specific to such a bright light.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the ZebraLight UI, mostly. The only thing I would prefer is to single click to medium and double click to full brightness. The current way of double clicking to medium makes the light flash on bright before going to medium. In addition, double clicking for bright feels more intuitive for me. For a flashlight with 9000 lumens, I think that the bright flash from double clicking to medium would be even more drastic. Now, I no longer double click to medium, and instead double-time long press to cycle from low to medium. While it takes more time to access the medium setting, at least it avoids the bright flash.

I wonder if the C3 will have exactly the same UI, or perhaps something a little more specific to such a bright light.
I suspect it will have a more options on setting levels which might help you. The details for the new UI are not fully baked yet I don't think.

Today you might just want to program H2 to it's lowest level, which depending on the light is not so different from M1. Then set H to default to H2 and then a single click brings you to H2, if you need H1 you double click after reaching H2. For the most part I'm using H2; L1 or double timing for M1.

This is one reason why I still like HDS single button interface as each level is programmable and there is no requirement for L2 to be brighter than L1 it's just 4 positions and you set them how you want. The zebralight UI though is a nice simplification that works for me.