• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight S1R Magnet Removal

Uncle Freak

Newly Enlightened
I just received an S1R and it is great but the magnet is annoying. I want to remove it but I don't know if it is an itegrel part of the charger. I found a video about removing the magnet for an S1 amd an S10 but the base on the S1R is different. Does anyone have a solution of recommendation? I sent an to Olight but so far I have not heard from them. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Olightworld

Enlightened
On all of the magnetic rechargeable lights, the magnet is integrated into the tailcap so there is no way to remove it like the standard lights such as the S1.

I just received an S1R and it is great but the magnet is annoying. I want to remove it but I don't know if it is an itegrel part of the charger. I found a video about removing the magnet for an S1 amd an S10 but the base on the S1R is different. Does anyone have a solution of recommendation? I sent an to Olight but so far I have not heard from them. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

RocketTomato

Enlightened
You can try heating the tail cap after removing the innards. Not sure what type of magnet is used but you can try 300 °F to start for a half hour or so and see how it goes. Then you can try higher temperatures or just continue heating it for longer at 300 °F. This would of course void the warranty so try at your own risk.