I did the Spartan Sprint in Sacramento last Sunday!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello fellow Weekend Warriors!

The sprint was 4.8 miles long and had 21 obstacles. It was one of the hardest events I have ever undertaken. I had no idea what to expect. Sure I watched the videos and everything that they had I could do, individually. When you have to cover 4.8 miles of rolling and at times steep hills then throw in all the obstacles at once it is gut check time. The worst for me was the sand bag carry. The men got a 40 pound bag of sand and had to carry it up and down a series of steep hills twice. It totally trashed my legs at the half way point. The race coordinator staged most of the obstacles in the last half of the race. You were always climbing on or over something tall, walls up to 8 feet high or carrying something heavy for a long distance. They had monkey bars, something that looked like they stole from the American Ninja Warrior, 20 foot ropes, large concrete balls to pick up and carry, 100 pound sandbags you had to hoist with a rope, and heavy sleds to drag. My heart muscle was tired by the end of the day. This made the Warrior Dash look like the minor leagues. I turned 55 last month and thought hey, I can still do that. I did make it but barely. I completed most of the events but literally crashed and burned on a few. Its going to take a week to recover, maybe more.

And being a proper CPF member I had a Glotoob in my pocket attached to a small REI copy of a Swiss Army knife. Hey, I couldn't be without a light!

Thanks for sharing

kelmo

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I salute you, Kelmo. You've got a few years on me, and that might well be the end of me. Sounds brutal, quite the accomplishment!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks scout24!

I'm committed to do it again next year! Another friend of mine wants to do it. This will keep me from getting lazy.

kelmo

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like fun. And respect for doing it!

I did a Goruck light a few years ago and am training for a tough and possible a spartan after that.

Kingz

Newly Enlightened
Big props!.

I have been back and forth doing it myself lol. Sounds brutal. Congrats again.