• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Question about S1 Baton Magnet

LJUSMC

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had, or heard of, any problems with the S1 Baton Magnet affecting credit cards or cell phones?

I would imagine that it wouldn't be a problem, or else Olight wouldn't have made it with a magnet, but all the years of "don't put your wallet near a magnet" has made me paranoid.

I carry a flashlight in my front pocket about 50% of the time, but the other 50% it's in my back pocket with my wallet and I want to know if I should take out the magnet or if it's even an issue.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It shouldn't be an issue but because I really don't need it I take out the magnet from my lights that have one. Better safe than sorry ... and BTW I care more about my beloved watches than my plastic cards.

LJUSMC

Newly Enlightened
It shouldn't be an issue but because I really don't need it I take out the magnets my lights that have one. Better safe than sorry ... and BTW I care more about my beloved watches than my plastic cards.
I understand that completely! Back when I had more expensive watches I was very careful around magnets, but a few years ago I sold all my "nice" watches and now only have 2: a G-Shock for every day wear and a nice looking cheap Citizen eco drive that my wife bought me last year.. but yeah if I still had any of my mechanicals I would definitely take out the magnet

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My S2 Baton that is kept on my person whenever I have my keys on my person: First thing that I did when I received the light from GG: I removed the curiously strong magnet.

The magnet resides with my magnetic tourist items, immediately adjacent to a magnetic business card size rendition of the Moscow subway map. And yes, I posted a photo of the S2 Baton posing with the Marshal Zhukov monument, in the Around The World Flashlight Selfies thread. :)

InternetDominus

Newly Enlightened
Re: Question about S1 Baton MagnetMan

Magnet should be the size of a brick to damage a credit card or phone. Small button size magnets will not damage a phone or credit card.

You can always carry your Baton in the back pocket, and wallet and phone on front pockets.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Question about S1 Baton MagnetMan

I still carry my S2 Baton whenever I have my keys on my person. And it is still magnetless. And the magnet still resides with my magnetic tourist items, immediately adjacent to a magnetic business card size rendition of the Moscow subway map.

Richbuff,
Your's is the first from Russia, and it is terrific! I hope that you post MORE! :)

attachment.php