• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X65 is Releasing

acebeam

Enlightened
Sometimes…

Sometimes you need to light up a subject further away. MUCH further.
Sometimes a tiny dot of light from a spotlight tethered to a car battery just doesn't give you the illumination you need.
Sometimes the "wall of light" from an array of LEDs falls far short.
Until now, there hasn't been a factory-built LED flashlight that combines a five-figure output (>10,000 lumen) with a four-figure throw (>1,000 meters).
It simply didn't exist.
Until now.

Meet the Acebeam X65.

X65-1.jpg

The X65 builds on the success of recent Acebeam models such as the K60, K70 and X60M which have achieved critical acclaim as some of the brightest and best-made LED flashlights on the global market.
With the X65, the brief for Acebeam's engineers was to set a new benchmark for output and beam distance while maintaining the functionality and durability needed by professionals for extreme search-and-rescue, security and hunting applications.
In response they built the most powerful and robust production flashlight in the world.
The design team didn't simply achieve their targets, they demolished them. With a digitally regulated output of 12,000 out-the-front lumens and an intensity of 423,000 candela (equivalent to a throw of 1,301 meters using the ANSI-FL1 formula) the X65 is not just a tactical assault on the premium flashlight world, it's a coup!
The X65 is fitted with five CREE XHP35 HI emitters mounted on a red bronze "pill" for efficient heat dissipation, set into an innovative multi-reflector optimized for throw and protected from the elements by a coated ultra-clear tempered glass lens and a stainless steel crenelated bezel.

X65-2.jpg

X65-3.jpg

It's powered by a custom-built 6,800mAh 14.8V lithium-ion battery pack which can be charged independently of the head, so professional users can charge one battery pack while using another. The rapid-charge function allows a full charge in three hours while the X65 will operate on High mode (3,500lm) for 3.5 hours.
In Turbo-Max mode (12,000lm) the X65 will blast out light for an hour, while in Ultra-Low mode (4lm) it will run continuously for up to 18 days. A total of seven modes allow users to select the level that best suits their needs. The three primary modes (Low, Mid and High) are automatically memorized so the flashlight returns to that level when it is next turned on.
The user interface is designed to be simple and intuitive under stressful conditions. The X65 is controlled from a single switch which is easy to find in the dark and to operate with either hand. The illuminated switch gives an indication of the energy remaining in the battery.
For defensive purposes or to attract attention, a triple click from any mode or from the off position will initiate a dazzling dual-frequency 3,500lm strobe for up to seven hours.
The X65 is an extreme tool, designed for extreme conditions. The body is forged from 6063 aluminum alloy, hard-anodized to level 3 (military grade) with an anti-slip finish and sealed to IPX8 standards for immersion up to 2m and impact resistance up to 1.2m.

X65-4.jpg

X65-5.jpg

The tail-cap allows for stable tail-standing, to light up large spaces by bouncing the light off the ceiling, while an indicator light set into the tail-cap indicates when charging of the battery is in progress or complete.
The X65 is supplied in a presentation case with a universal power pack to charge the battery from any AC supply as well as a comfortable shoulder strap, a spare O-ring and a 5-year limited warranty (12 months on the battery).

X65-6.jpg

X65-7.jpg

Sometimes gold standards change.
Today it's the turn of portable lighting.
The Acebeam X65

Last edited:

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
That looks awesome, I'm after the baby brother the T30, just waiting for a review on it before I buy.
Hope Santa brings you one of these [emoji6]

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Five days ago, on November 21st, I mailed my money order for this light to my favorite supplier of Acebeam products. :)

This is the light that I have been waiting for.

I do not see any other factory light with this combination of power and throw; this light is in its own power/throw classification.

Same situation with modded lights: This light has much more throw than modded lights of similar power, and this light has much more power than modded lights of similar throw. I think this is truly amazing, right out of the box.

I will post pics and rudimentary beamshots when I receive this light.

maukka

Enlightened
Will there also be a neutral white option available in addition to the 6500K?

4500-5000K would be ideal for a throwy light like this and would most likely increase sales.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
4500K- 5500K yes

500 lumens is the low mode? Not only a Turbo, we've got a TURBO MAX!

Acebeam gathers more admiring attention. I would be honored to give a comparison review with a 5000K X65 against a Nitecore TM36 and an XP-L Hi 5000K Eagletac M25C2-T

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very reliable sources have reported that shipment of this exciting item is currently happening.

That means that this light can be the Best of Year 2016, instead of the Best of Year 2017. :)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
...this light can be the Best of Year 2016, instead of the Best of Year 2017. :)

I believe the rule is if it's released in December...it's eligle for either/or! :thumbsup:

That's provided we get some pics ASAP!!!!!!

Chaitanya

Banned
I wont mind accepting donations for this light(plus one extra battery pack). It surely looks like a beast for mammal tracking at night.

amaretto

Newly Enlightened
I did some measurements:

lux/cd (distance 5 m, converted to 1 m)
• Acebeam K60 --- 152.500
• Acebeam K70 --- 520.000
• Acebeam X65 --- 587.500
• Olight X7 --- 30.000
• Meteor M43 XP-G2 nw --- 32.500

ceiling bounce (*manufacturer ratings)
• Acebeam K60 --- 210 Lux (*5.000 lm)
• Acebeam K70 --- 103 Lux (*2.600 lm)
• Acebeam X65 --- 460 Lux (*12.000 lm)
• Olight X7 --- 325 Lux (*9.000 lm)
• Meteor M43 XP-G2 nw --- 264 Lux (*7.450 lm)

some beamshots, foggy and light drizzle
Sony RX100III, 1/3", F2.8, Iso4000, 70mm, daylight

long range
dsc012303hx2k.gif

shorter range
dsc0123569zy7.gif

mid range
dsc01240k4xjc.gif

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omg, so much throw and so much power combined!

The throw of the K70, and much high power and much larger diameter hotspot. Throws where no power flooder has thrown before!

Thank you, amaretto, for your exciting comparative beamshots. There is a comparative beamshot video on the German forum, too.

Mine is on its way to me. This is probably going to be The Flashlight Of The Year 2016 and Year 2017.

Bela16

Newly Enlightened
Got it one week ago. It's simply amazing..... i can't compare it with other ones... because it's not exist.

I made some runtime graph, some outdoor pictures.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the beamshots and the runtime graphs. I am getting mine in the mail is sixteen (16) hours, I think.

I think this light is in a super special performance classification.

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info.....................6000lm for 85m is..................well awesome!!!