SHOT Show 2017

Greta

Flashaholic
No threads that I know of so yours is it! :grin2:

We'll be getting there on Sunday evening and have to leave on Tuesday. This year's show is really at a bad time for me. The weekend before SHOT is the Balloon Fiesta here in Havasu and we have friends coming in from out of town for it. We'll have to kick them to the curb on Sunday to head up to Vegas. And then the following weekend is my daughter's baby shower in Denver so I need to get home from Vegas, one day to unpack, do laundry, re-pack, and hit the road to Denver on Thursday.

I'm hoping maybe we can get together for dinner on Monday night?

Greta

Flashaholic
Would love to but are you sure you got your dates right? I get in Wednesday, the 18th and leave Monday, the 23rd. The show is 17-20.

Yup - I know. It's the best I can do though. I'm hoping to see some friends on Monday even though the show doesn't officially open until Tuesday. Then on Tuesday, we'll go to the show to see other friends then go home Tuesday evening. I have to be in Denver on Saturday morning to pick up my Mom at the airport at 10:30 AM (she's flying in for the baby shower as a surprise for my daughter :sssh:), so I need to get on the road Thursday for the 900 mile drive. I take my time and count on delays with weather through the mountains, passes and canyons. So if all goes well, I'll get to Denver on Friday evening. The baby shower is Saturday, my birthday is Sunday, and I get back on the road to head home on Monday, the 23rd, dropping my Mom off at the airport on my way out of town. It will be a whirlwind week, to be sure!

Well crap. Guess I'll miss you guys. I'll see if we can get Mr Mom (you know, "Mom" and "Dad" annual reunion, lol) and a few other stalwarts together for a group dinner (maybe the Bellagio buffet thing again).

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Kris, you've been saying that for at least the last three years. At some point you can't use "the dog ate my homework" anymore. :D
That sounds about right... I made it to the big 15th-anniversary shindig in 2015 (and even brought a first-timer with me!), and even back then I said the next target date was 2018, so I think I should be APPLAUDED for my consistency, not BERATED for it. So, there! :p

Geez, there's just no pleasing some people... next, you're going to want me to give you all my titanium flashlights, even though you completely outclass my collection in both quantity and quality. :) :crackup::buddies:

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
I will be there - booth 20137. Although the show does not start until Tuesday, I set up on Monday morning and then there is a vender (supplier) show upstairs for the exhibitors and an NSSF get-together that evening. Other show nights are currently open. If someone organizes a get-together, let me know.

Henry.

nbp

Flashaholic
It's annoying that Barrett-Jackson auto auction and SHOT are at the same time. When I go to Scottsdale for B-J I always want to arrange to pop by Tucson to meet Henry and see the shop but he's always in Nevada! I will have to come to AZ another time of year next time. I should have made arrangements in August when my dad and I came down in August for a Bondurant driving experience but it totally slipped my mind. Durrr.

MrMom

Enlightened
Well crap. Guess I'll miss you guys. I'll see if we can get Mr Mom (you know, "Mom" and "Dad" annual reunion, lol) and a few other stalwarts together for a group dinner (maybe the Bellagio buffet thing again).

After many years of hard work and assisting with the planning of SHOT show gatherings and working to make sure the events progressed smoothly, I officially retired. I had no plans on attending this year as the entire trip and lodging takes a huge chuck out of the budget given, as a neutral party, I have no financial gain or expense offset related to the show. It has been difficult to give it up as I have been here on CPF from the beginning. Great friends and Oh, the stories.....

There is a Santa! Or at least, Santa wanted me to attend the show and thanks to him, I have flight tickets from the East coast and will attend. Thank you!

So yes, a "Mom" and "Dad" reunion with the CPF crew is a must. Admittedly, I do miss the industry parties. They were the blast.

It looks like we have a small CPF crew this year. We will have to share plans so that we can meet up. CPFers make the show.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
im not gona make it this year again, mike, the flash, will be there representing swissbianco, you all have a great time in vegas and may the light be with you!

Steve-at-Springboard

Newly Enlightened
MrMom is officially retired now, which means he is old and drinks his meals so you can cover both bases with one purchase. Perhaps an Ensure with vodka!

BTW, I'll be there, as usual, in my booth #441 with the usual exhibitors, Armourlite Watches, TuffWriter tactical pens, AdV Tactical knives from South Africa, etc.

See you all there!!

Steve

chizel

Newly Enlightened
I won't be there this year. It feels like I'm chopping off a limb or something; it's become a part of me.

Oh well, I'll be there in spirit (if there is such a thing), and maybe a return later in life is in order.

Last edited:

MrMom

Enlightened
I am all packed and ready to go for my 8 AM flight tomorrow (Sun).

Lets plan an evening "buffet pants" dinner. Good days? Location? Thursday is the USN event.