Skilhunt H03 short battery tube lighweight mod

Lexel

Enlightened
Hi,

after I posted that the light with glued thread is not too hard to open I got a tip that BLF chadvone had a tube laying around that fits,
he said its most likely a BLF A6 18350 tube so I ordered it and I can cornfirm this one fits.

But there are some minor differences.

The result is a very light but powerful headlamp.
IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

I use an Efest protected 18350 900mAh battery its a very tight fit the diameter and lengh are the max what would fit.

With an Panasonic 18650B and magnet.
IMG_2013.jpg

I also got the AR glas from my Jetbeam Jet-1 MK in it or maybe upgrading to a microtextured lens from BLF pflexpro user.
PFP%20Micro-Textured%20Lens%20Large_zpsyacnej3y.jpg

106g with 3 strap headband magnet removed,
97.55g headband just the horizontal band
and cut the silicone holder for the 3. band should remove weight even more.
3-4.jpg

After screwing the BLF tube on the skilhunt light I noticed that the A6 has a lot longer tubes to screw in,
so I had to move the orings in front of their normal position.
IMG_2007.jpg

But unfortionally the BLF tube is 0,3mm thicker as the Skilhunt and their orings are larger.
IMG_2008.jpg

I tried to get the skilhunt orings on the BLF tube, but it was not enough to make it fit,
they were squezzed out a bit.

So I decided to get the tube where the orings have to be thinner in diameter.
Used first a dremel to get the anodisation off
and then used very carefuly a metal saw to get it about 0.5-0.7mm less in diameter.
IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool mod! I have the body, but not that light. I use it on my BLF light. Now I wonder what else it could be made to fit? lol

zorobabel

Newly Enlightened
How does the H03 shorty run on a single CR123 primary? With a 2.7-8.4V working voltage, will it drain all the juice in a CR123?

Lexel

Enlightened
How does the H03 shorty run on a single CR123 primary? With a 2.7-8.4V working voltage, will it drain all the juice in a CR123?

The Light has only a buck driver, so it wont boost the voltage, at 3V you can get only low modes
Aspire 1100mA 18350 cell should work great

zorobabel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I didn't know it had a buck driver only. Will it run at the M1-70 lumens level on a cr123? I caved in and ordered a Skilhunt H03 today due to the great price.