Nerf anyone?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
With my kids getting a little older I've been sucked into the world of Nerf blasters. (Yeah, slight excuse - I'm really a big kid at heart). From small blasters to larger full auto flywheel models I'm having a blast (and so are the kids).

Of course, in CPF fashion, I have modded the heck out of a few of them.

Haven't done any gaming with them but I've been tempted to look around my area to see if there are any indoor play places.

Anyone else?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
With my kids getting a little older I've been sucked into the world of Nerf blasters. (Yeah, slight excuse - I'm really a big kid at heart). From small blasters to larger full auto flywheel models I'm having a blast (and so are the kids).

Of course, in CPF fashion, I have modded the heck out of a few of them.

Haven't done any gaming with them but I've been tempted to look around my area to see if there are any indoor play places.

Anyone else?

Check out the rival series.

markr6

Flashaholic
I can totally see myself getting into this as my son grows up! My boss bought everyone in the department some small nerf dart guns with the suction cups to shoot around, but the CEO said "no more", so I figured I'd take it home. My 2 year old already loves it and thinks it's funny how they stick to the basement wall. He likes watching me shoot stuff and going to get the darts then reloading for me :)

When I was at the toy store this week, I couldn't believe how crazy these things have gotten since I was a kid. I'm pretty sure they went from fun to dangerous. He's too young now, but I know my wife's going to hate it in a few years when we have all this stuff. She already knows she'll be a likely target..and she's right!

ven

Flashaholic
Very disappointing Sean, here is me thinking you are a mature man, great skills in modding and excellent taste in lights................ I mean come on nerf............!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the...........

:whistle:

Got to have the nerf trainers too:nana:

There are at least another 4 guns i cant find, the one which takes 3xAAA cells to run the motor, if you swap one of the aaa for a 10440 4.2v cell(cant go more as will burn it out). The motor runs faster and boy does it fire them out fast...................OUCH!!!!!....................Of course i would not look into modding them and improving the performance .............:devil:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
New to this. Picked up a pair (red and blue) Nerf Rival Apollos (thanks to dc38) along side two 12 round magazines with balls. Hopefully the one year old dog doesn't decide to eat the ammo on Christmas morning.

This will be the gateway gun for our 7 year old (minimum age recommended is 14). Eye protection always, and I may have to **** it for him initially. He will not be able to play-battle with friends for...how long??

They're saying up to 100 feet per second; any modifications that should be looked into?

Any aftermarket ammo suggestions?

ven

Flashaholic
There are lots of youtube vids KITRO to look through, put the nerf gun and modified in search..............see what happens. Many are simple spring mods, but you have to be careful not to stress the inner components too much, but then there are fixes for this too.

Taz80

Enlightened
My youngest is seventeen and I'm still finding Nerf darts in odd places once in a while. Lots of fun, until he decided to shoot his older sister, then its duck and cover and run like heck. Yep good times.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the response ven.

For now, the velocity seems plenty fast and the cocking effort is going to be substantial for the boy as it is. If any member knew of common failure points in the Rival Apollo that could be circumvented...

Really should not take a lot of time to research nerf mods at this busy time of year. But just can't miss the de-stress time keeping up with what's new on CPF.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very disappointing Sean, here is me thinking you are a mature man, great skills in modding and excellent taste in lights................ I mean come on nerf............!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the...........

LOL - not at all. I also get whiny when I'm sick........ :mecry: (Google: mancold)

We're talking full breakdowns, re-wires, switch upgrades, spring upgrades, LiPo packs, FWC upgrades, replacement flywheels, etc.

Example #1 - Nerf Stryfe:
All safeties removed
Full 18g re-wire
15A level switch upgrades
DRS-Performance machines Al Flywheel cage: https://www.drs-performance.com/shop/aluminum-fwc/
MTB HoneyBadger motor upgrades
2S 1000mAh LiPo cell upgrade
Nerf STF v2.4 semi-auto/burst/full auto mod.
Al trigger
Nerf 18 round drum magazine
Koosh v3 darts
Picatinny Rail Mount adapter
Green laser sight

Example #2 - Nerf Rapidstrike:
All safeties removes
Full 18g re-wire
15A level switch upgrades
Worker flywheel upgrade
3S 3000mAh Lipo
MTB Rhino flywheel motors
Addition mods in progress:
- MTB Rhino pusher motor
- Worker lengthened pusher
- PWM motor control to control Rate of Fire via pot switch
- Master arm switch to prevent accidental activation

Fun stuff!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, ven, the Firestrike is one of my favorite little blasters.
Remove the air restrictors, pop in a 7kg+ spring upgrade, and remove that anemic little red LED and wire in a real laser sight. Then you have a nice little blaster to :whoopin: with.

joshputman

Newly Enlightened
It's crazy how expensive some of these things can be.

My house is starting to get quite a collection of them.

scout24

Flashaholic
You guys are a bad influence... I wouldn't have looked twice at these, but my oldest is home visiting. We now own a Firestrike with the restrictor removed, and have a pair of 7kg springs en route, as I am looking locally for a second Firestrike. Nothing battery powered, thanks, but I have read and watched more about Nerf mods in the last two or three days than seems prudent. Brass barrels? Speed loaders? Re-barreling to shoot Elite darts? Wow... :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - just like the other sub-forums. Flashlights, knives and now Nerf. :D

Check out the Hammershot. Orange Mod Works has a full mod kit (yep at 4x the price of the gun, lol) that upgrades the spring, metal trigger and hammer, new cylinder with 6 shots. The Firestrike is a little smaller and fires a tiny bit faster with upgraded spring and air restrictor removed.

The Stryfe is a great little gun. Runs a little weak out of the box, but with a few simple mods - Worker Flywheels and 2 or 3 IMR 14500 cells and a dummy AA it kicks out some pretty accurate power. You can continue to go nuts with new motors, LiPo battery, full re-wire and ultimately a full auto kit if desired - but none of them give you as much of a respective bump in power as a few 14500s and the flywheels.

Oh yeah - the Mega Cyclone Shock with an upgraded spring, air restrictors removed and the cylinder inserts that let you shoot regular sized Nerf darts is the hardest hitting Nerf I have.

On eBay they sell a dart called the Koosh v3 dart. Much more accurate than the Nerf Elite ones.

And, definitely don't go to this website https://blastersmiths.co.uk/ as you will never see Nerf the same way again......

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - just like the other sub-forums. Flashlights, knives and now Nerf. :D

Check out the Hammershot. Orange Mod Works has a full mod kit (yep at 4x the price of the gun, lol) that upgrades the spring, metal trigger and hammer, new cylinder with 6 shots. The Firestrike is a little smaller and fires a tiny bit faster with upgraded spring and air restrictor removed.

The Stryfe is a great little gun. Runs a little weak out of the box, but with a few simple mods - Worker Flywheels and 2 or 3 IMR 14500 cells and a dummy AA it kicks out some pretty accurate power. You can continue to go nuts with new motors, LiPo battery, full re-wire and ultimately a full auto kit if desired - but none of them give you as much of a respective bump in power as a few 14500s and the flywheels.

Oh yeah - the Mega Cyclone Shock with an upgraded spring, air restrictors removed and the cylinder inserts that let you shoot regular sized Nerf darts is the hardest hitting Nerf I have.

On eBay they sell a dart called the Koosh v3 dart. Much more accurate than the Nerf Elite ones.

And, definitely don't go to this website https://blastersmiths.co.uk/ as you will never see Nerf the same way again......

Two grand daughters, eldest is only 4....., looks like ALOT of fun...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are fun. We have a bunch and play in the front yard at night. Flashlights raise the stakes of course. We have both the Suction Dart models as well as the Foam Ball. The Foam Balls are lots of fun! They rip. Even the neighbors kids like to get in on the action. lol I have yet to mod mine. The kids already think I am cheating cause I always "win".

scout24

Flashaholic
SOYCD- Mega Cycloneshock looks killer! LordDraconical on Youtube has a very thorough mod guide video for it...:devil: I love the re-barrel for the smaller darts.:party:

scout24

Flashaholic
Firestrike with the new 7kg spring from OMW is a beast! I'll be ordering some of the Koosh darts today, the Elite ones don't like all the extra power. They shoot all over the place!