Yuji LED representative

ddaniel

Newly Enlightened
Dear guys,

My name is Daniel and I'm from Yuji LED. From the flow monitoring of our website , I found this forum and it seems there are a lot of discussions about our high CRI products here, and alsoa lot of questions.

I am glad to help if you have any question, and I am also looking forward to learning from you guys. :)

Sincerely,
Daniel

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, it's very cool to see a rep in the LED sub forum. Thanks for checking in and welcome to CPF.

angerdan

Enlightened
What about EU distribution?

Also i would recommend to get official "Authorized Manufacturer" status from CPF (like Nitecore or Fenix).

Last edited:

ddaniel

Newly Enlightened
We have UK distributor, but it is for B2B business; to Europe, some of products will be sent from US warehouse as well.

Thanks for your suggestion, we would consider it.

brickbat

Enlightened
I always take 'crazy shipping cost' to mean a vendor just doesn't want to deal with small orders.

Unless their plan is to serve only a handful of high-volume customers, Yuji ought to just use a disty, like Digikey or Mouser for US sales...

Last edited:

stubbys

Newly Enlightened
Hi, do you have a link for a site where we can buy yuji led ribbon in the UK? Thank you

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
if that were true why bother to post anything in a flashlight forum?
making it hard/expensive to get hands on a product hurts the mfr.some of us are in manufacturing and parts that seem to be difficult to source get skipped over.
i definitely take that into consideration when designing an item.since yuji products come from china there is no reason an order of leds that weighs less than a pound cant ship via epacket.
if i can get 6 26650 cells like that leds are much lighter.
i doubt i am the only one here or on blf that is in the decision making position on parts purchasing.as a mfr i would want my parts in as many hands as i could sell them to.
a good product will speak for itself here and on blf.and google will find those posts on demand.
I always take 'crazy shipping cost' to mean a vendor just doesn't want to deal with small orders.

Unless their plan is to serve only a handful of high-volume customers, Yuji ought to just use a disty, like Digikey or Mouser for US sales...

brickbat

Enlightened
...i doubt i am the only one here or on blf that is in the decision making position on parts purchasing....

Then you ought to know the best way to get response from a vendor is to approach them directly with credible plans for production of a product using their widget, along with your EAU, factory location, and planned release date. Without the hint of sufficient volume, some chip manufactures simply don't want to bother. Believe me, they know their business better than you or I do...

Based on my experience, if a chip vendor doesn't want to sell in low volumes, they don't have distributors. At least in the US, that's seems to be largely true. Ever try buy low volumes of Nichia LEDs in the US? Last I did, it was a battle because they don't have distributors and really didn't want to fuss with orders of a reel or two. If I was GM or Ford, it'd have been a different story, because I'm pretty sure they are targeting key customers...

Can't be sure that's what's up w/ Yuji, but a phone call/direct email from you would be step one...

Last edited:

JoakimFlorence

Newly Enlightened
Daniel, I have a question, kind of a technical one, maybe you could find out for me.

I know in Yuji violet chip LEDs they use a combination of three different types of phosphor - red, green, and blue.
I'm curious about what type of phosphor exactly they are using to produce the blue light. Chemical composition?
and does Yuji sell this blue phosphor?

ddaniel

Newly Enlightened
Daniel, I have a question, kind of a technical one, maybe you could find out for me.

I know in Yuji violet chip LEDs they use a combination of three different types of phosphor - red, green, and blue.
I'm curious about what type of phosphor exactly they are using to produce the blue light. Chemical composition?
and does Yuji sell this blue phosphor?

Yes, for VTC series we use violet chip emitting R/G/B phosphor.
We also provide blue phosphor, the composition is Phosphate.

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
We already have a branch office in California, and just set up a US warehourse, hoping to improve the shipping cost to US gradually.

And that is why you would have a distributor. Your ridiculous online prices would already easily support a distribution model and they are going to be infinitely better than you are at taking orders, shipping, tracking, returns, etc.