Question About Battery Powered Battery Chargers

lordraiden

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I have a question. I currently have two Tekkeon MP1550 (ancestor to the current 1580 model) AA powered battery chargers for charging up 5v devices on the move or for use as an external battery pack on long video shoots. IE, plug into the camera's usb port and keep rolling even when the internal rechargeable packs it in. The advantages of these are startup price and small size, as well as the ability to use either my own rechargable AA's of choice during normal use, or alkalines in an emergency when the rechargeables are used up and there's no immediate opportunity to juice them up. (had that happen plenty of times) IE, buy some extra AA's from a local Wall Drug or something. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar device that took either C's or D's? Basically I'm looking for the same advantages of the Tekkeon AA model, but in either a C or D form factor allowing for longer shelf life during operations. I figure it'd allow for less battery changing during shoots. That gets annoying when you're filming and the battery pack dies right at the worst possible moment. Anyhow, I'm curious if you guys know of anything. I could go for the bigger lithium self contained packs, but I don't trust lithiums. Seen too many fires and exploding equipment with them. So I try to avoid them as much as possible.