• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to EagleTac

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an EalgeTac MX30L3. My son dropped it down the stairs while he was using it and some of the functionality broke and it stopped working properly. After some attempts at checking to make sure none of the wires got disconnected and none of the components on the driver board were broken I contacted EagleTac's support. I didn't want to send the light to them and wait 2-3 months to see it again so after doing a few troubleshooting steps they asked me to do I told them I was fully capable of swapping in a replacement driver board. They shipped me a replacement driver with no argument over doing so. (I've had other companies insist I send in the light.) Received the driver board from China in about 3 weeks. Re-soldered all the wiring and the light now works perfectly again.

I am disappointed the light broke so easily with a short drop onto a wooden staircase but want to give cheers to EagleTac for taking care of me quickly.

ven

Flashaholic
Great stuff, i am sure you will do a better job at taking your time fitting it and being overkill in methods.

Guess thats the trouble, you dont find out how good or solid/reliable a light is until it gets tested fully. I have had their sportac triple drop(god knows how many times) onto factory floors or machine floors from 3-5ft heights and never flicked or even turned off. Then you can grab a light , click on and nothing............(thankfully rare).

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's awesome! Glad to hear that they let you do that and that all worked out great.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagtac was very receptive to my request for a ~5000K XP-L Hi custom installed in their huge reflector single 18650 flashlight, and illuminationgear was helpful in having a 4500K XP-L Hi Eagtac with the less large reflector. Their mode changing system (twist) seems pretty dialed in now, based on the two models acquired.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagtac was very receptive to my request for a ~5000K XP-L Hi custom installed in their huge reflector single 18650 flashlight, and illuminationgear was helpful in having a 4500K XP-L Hi Eagtac with the less large reflector. Their mode changing system (twist) seems pretty dialed in now, based on the two models acquired.
What light is that exactly?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure. Eagtac has the most forgettable nomenclature of any other flashlights in our horse stall:

MX25C Turbo (this thing with the XP-L Hi in 5000K approaches the Nitecore TM36 in throw, judging with the eyes. It certainly is plenty of throw for practical purposes, but even though it is a single 18650 light, the sizable reflector has a significant heft for extended in-hand carry and has more throw than our terrain here really requires)

M30LC2 (illuminationgear is not keeping this model with a 4500K XP-L Hi in stock as of now, going with the smaller reflector model; more popular, more compact Eagtac thrower. illuminationgear is keen on neutral emitters. The newer Cree XHP series may be very pleasing in a neutral) The user interface on this unit is better than the (one year?) older MX25C-T.

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure. Eagtac has the most forgettable nomenclature of any other flashlights in our horse stall:

MX25C Turbo (this thing with the XP-L Hi in 5000K approaches the Nitecore TM36 in throw, judging with the eyes. It certainly is plenty of throw for practical purposes, but even though it is a single 18650 light, the sizable reflector has a significant heft for extended in-hand carry and has more throw than our terrain here really requires)

M30LC2 (illuminationgear is not keeping this model with a 4500K XP-L Hi in stock as of now, going with the smaller reflector model; more popular, more compact Eagtac thrower. illuminationgear is keen on neutral emitters. The newer Cree XHP series may be very pleasing in a neutral) The user interface on this unit is better than the (one year?) older MX25C-T.
Thx I thought that was the light you were talking about.. I have that light moded by Vinh. Incredible throw for sure..