• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Did you try VR Headset before? (It's not for flashlights, just another cool thing)

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Guys,

Yes, it's not for flashlights, personally want to share this cool thing with you ;)

Did you try VR Headset before? There is one PIMAX 4K HMD VR Headset. Let's see how it works together :)

406958443.jpg

The PIMAX headset is the first VR headset providing a 4K UHD image at a stunning resolution of 3840 x 2160 and 8.29 million pixels as the name suggests, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and SONY PSVR are 2160 x 1200 resolution only.
PIMAX-4K-HMD-VR-Headset-K1.png

Here you can see some pictures of it:
350552881.jpg

842743952.jpg

Competition advantages
• The PIMAX 4K VR headset is a HMD which currently has the highest resolution out of all the main competitors (Vive , Oculus, OSVR), the resolution is a big jump so everything just feels better to do, games like Elite dangerous and it makes using this to watch movies a very good experience.

• The PIMAX is a very light headsets. It's very comfortable to use when wearing it.

• PIMAX supplied a high quality headphone include in the box.

Competition weakness
PIMAX is currently has no positional tracking, it's not going to support anything that requires Vive controllers or Oculus' pointer thing, but there are in terms of games, if it's on Steam and doesn't require Vive wands, it'll work with this right out of the box. That means the likes of Elite Dangerous, American / European Truck Simulator and DCS World.

Link: PIMAX 4K UHD Virtual Reality 3D PC Headset - WITH EARPHONES
Coupon: LHPIMAX
Price: $359

Hope you like it :) Have a nice day!

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
Did you try VR Headset before? (It's not for flashlights, just another cool t...

Very possibly a good contender, just remember that the higher resolution requires some pretty fancy (and expensive) hardware to drive it. Plus the fact that there is very little content, utilizing the higher resolution, available.

Sony's PS VR is currently leading the race; this since it's: affordable (a PS4 costs a lot less than the PC rigs the alternatives requires), best access to content (games and video) and the picture quality is good enough.

Last edited:

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
Well if it's games on Steam, doesn't that mean there are plenty to choose from? :0

The number of games supporting VR is, so far, unfortunately very low. Developing VR games is expensive and no game studio wants to make the investment before they know that there are enough customers with the required H/W. Since the PS4 + PS VR is so much cheaper than the alternatives, the absolute majority of the S/W development is done for the Sony platform.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The number of games supporting VR is, so far, unfortunately very low. Developing VR games is expensive and no game studio wants to make the investment before they know that there are enough customers with the required H/W. Since the PS4 + PS VR is so much cheaper than the alternatives, the absolute majority of the S/W development is done for the Sony platform.

wow, you are so familiar with it! You have at least one VR, right? Would you mind sharing some pictures or impression of it when you use VR ;)

Thank you!

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
wow, you are so familiar with it! You have at least one VR, right? Would you mind sharing some pictures or impression of it when you use VR ;)

Thank you!

Computers and technology I know, but VR is still rather new to me. I am however certain that VR will make quite an impact on a lot of things.

I don't want to publish pictures of me or my family online, I hope you understand. As for the VR itself, it's just not possible to to share what it's all about, without the technology itself. Go to a store where they sell it and let them demonstrate it. You won't regret it.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Computers and technology I know, but VR is still rather new to me. I am however certain that VR will make quite an impact on a lot of things.

I don't want to publish pictures of me or my family online, I hope you understand. As for the VR itself, it's just not possible to to share what it's all about, without the technology itself. Go to a store where they sell it and let them demonstrate it. You won't regret it.

Thanks RollerBoySE!

I found this at Youtube. So Scary!!!